Best Buy
3.3 of 5 4,733 reviews
www.bestbuy.com Richfield, MN 5000+ Employees

Great management, but can be tough at times.

Sales Consultant (Former Employee)
Norman, OK

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

ProsManagement is full of enthusiasm and truly care about their employees, inside and outside of work. Pay was very competitive with out jobs that hired college students, especially the new bonus system that was put into place. Also, the discounts save you a lot of money.

If you love technology and learning about new technology, then Best Buy is the place for you. They have an amazing training system in place for teaching their employees. All training is done on time so employees are knowledgeable about new products.

ConsIf you're a college student, hours might be very tough. At times, it's very hard to get reduced hours when needed. At times, I worked 30+ hour weeks, even after requesting time off or my hours to be reduced. Also, even though it's not a reflection of the store, it may be tough to get enough hours at certain times of the year. After the Christmas season is over, I was only schedule 6 or less hours a week because of slow traffic due to the time of year. It was extremely hard to get a regular balanced scheduled. My schedule changed almost every single week.

The management of the store I worked at was great a majority of the time that I spent at Best Buy. But, that changed near the end of my job period there. New hires in management started to give extreme negative feedback about sales. Whereas before, it was balanced between management making sure you enjoyed your job and the importance of sales.

Great place to work

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: There are lots of opportunities. Cons: Long executive approval and review processes. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Getting the best experiences in my job

Frontend Leader (Current Employee)
Laurel, MD

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Learning about the product sold at best buy Cons: the turnover rate was great Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly. All reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees.