Best Buy

www.bestbuy.com
  www.bestbuy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Great management, but can be tough at times.

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Norman, OK
Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Norman, OK

I worked at Best Buy part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Management is full of enthusiasm and truly care about their employees, inside and outside of work. Pay was very competitive with out jobs that hired college students, especially the new bonus system that was put into place. Also, the discounts save you a lot of money.

If you love technology and learning about new technology, then Best Buy is the place for you. They have an amazing training system in place for teaching their employees. All training is done on time so employees are knowledgeable about new products.

Cons

If you're a college student, hours might be very tough. At times, it's very hard to get reduced hours when needed. At times, I worked 30+ hour weeks, even after requesting time off or my hours to be reduced. Also, even though it's not a reflection of the store, it may be tough to get enough hours at certain times of the year. After the Christmas season is over, I was only schedule 6 or less hours a week because of slow traffic due to the time of year. It was extremely hard to get a regular balanced scheduled. My schedule changed almost every single week.

The management of the store I worked at was great a majority of the time that I spent at Best Buy. But, that changed near the end of my job period there. New hires in management started to give extreme negative feedback about sales. Whereas before, it was balanced between management making sure you enjoyed your job and the importance of sales.

6330 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Fast-Paced Retail Enviroment.

Current Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great discount available for employees (5% above cost = about 50% off most things)
    Perfect for tech lovers or people who enjoy retail, BBY is a very relaxed corporation

Cons

As with most retail... the hours suck. Say goodbye to your nights and weekends!

Great place to work

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are lots of opportunities.

Cons

Long executive approval and review processes.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy