There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

worse company to work for

Former Employee - Store Manager in Clackamas, OR
Former Employee - Store Manager in Clackamas, OR

I worked at Best Buy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

only good thing i could think of, is the employee only pay 5% of the price that comes from manufacture when we want to buy the stuffs in store.

Cons

low pay and short hours
always force customer to buy their "protection plan" that really don't do much goods for the customers at all.

gone to manager meeting for years, every time just copy someone's idea from previous. no new theory at all.

reviews filtered by

An all right place for a first job.

Former Employee - Geek Squad, Counter-Operations Agent (COA) in Roseville, MN
    Former Employee - Geek Squad, Counter-Operations Agent (COA) in Roseville, MN

I worked at Best Buy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I really liked my coworkers and found the working environment a lot of fun. The hours could be flexible for students and plenty of places to relocate to if a person moves to a new state due for any reason.

Cons

The pay was really low and there were few advancement opportunities. A person could always count to never get a single holiday off, and it was very difficult to schedule things like dentist and doctor's appointments because coverage could often be incredibly sparse in the store.

Allow people to work more overtime, offer better pay to store level employees.

2. Asset Protection

Former Employee - Asset Protection in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Asset Protection in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Best Buy part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible scheduling. Fun work environment. It can be a great place to work if you are in school and you are looking for a job to hold you over.

Cons

Management can make or break the work environment. Weekends are a must (since it's retail). Pay is low even with several years of experience.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy