There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Overall a good company to work for especially if you plan to move up.

Current Employee - Back Office Lead in Brentwood, CA
Current Employee - Back Office Lead in Brentwood, CA

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A great company to work for in upper management if retail is your thing. Great pay, bonuses are lovely and there always advantages of getting free trips and product. Knowledge of new electronic products before it hits the stores is a plus.

Cons

As a regular associate the pay could be better; they are the one who directly deal with customer interactions good or bad. Best buy deals with a lot of 3rd parties for deliveries and geek squad which can cause a lot of issues. The company is constantly changing there structures and policies which could be good or bad depending on whether it benefits the company or the customer. Health benefits they provide aren't that great for what you pay per check. You don't get a thorough thanksgiving and don't get to take advantage of Black Friday.

Advice to Management

You need to be able to adapt to change working for this company

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Best Buy

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dublin, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dublin, CA

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy and lots of young people

Cons

Low pay and inconsistent schedule

Discrimination and Overwork

Former Contractor - Senior Business Analyst in Richfield, MN
    Former Contractor - Senior Business Analyst in Richfield, MN

I worked at Best Buy as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. Used to allow ROWE work environment, but now the CEO has killed that- it's just a miserable place to work. 2. Everyone has covered parking.

Cons

1. Witnessed and was told by my bosses that Best Buy does not hire people over the age of 35 into the IT roles. 2. Witnessed and was told by my bosses that there are some jobs that men do better than women, including mine, and that they would not hire any more women into the group- no matter how qualified. 3. Witnessed and was told by my bosses that they do not hire Indians because, and I quote here, "They smell funny". 4. Work load and time frame was outrageous- your hair is on fire every day. There is no relief. 5. Everyone, including contractors, cannot take vacation during the "busy time" which is October through the end of February.

Advice to Management

While I was told by my bosses that it was cheaper to hire young and payout rarely for the discrimination suits, it really pisses me off that you can't treat an employee like a person. Also, the ROWE work environment was incredibly successful and made it a great place to work. Ever since the Turkey fiasco, you've really let the corporate headquarters fall into disrepair- the carpet needs replacing and the walls need painting and the bathrooms are always disgusting.