There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

It's a great place to work if you are willing to work for it.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are opportunities to grow and lots learn in many different areas. This company offers a lot of flexibility for moving up and around through various locations and many positions. Best Buy can be a wonderful place to work especially with all the new technology that comes together in one building.

Cons

It's a pretty normal retail environment, but the down side of being non commissioned means that wether its a big sale or a small sale no one makes an extra dime past to hours put in. Pay cap is a bit low but by no means the worst out there.

Just keep in mind that the associates on the floor are the true face of the company and their development will be the best path to success. Don't follow the path of other retailers, and by this I mean focus on your associates as the investment they are. Best Buy has some incredible people within it's walls and that is the reason for the companies resilience in the face of everything. Please never forget that and don't try to make a come back by bleeding out the "overhead" of labor, we are what make it happen for you every day. One person can not operate an entire sales floor nor can they know everything about every area.

reviews filtered by
  1. Field Service Technician

Current Employee - Geek Squad, Certified Special Agent (CSA) in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Geek Squad, Certified Special Agent (CSA) in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Supervisers always treated people with respect and dignity. They seemed genuinely concerned for their employees

Cons

the processes and paperwork were long and redundant. Interaction with the systems were not ready for prime time.

None...you were the best

2. Great company. Took me out of a rut and jump started my life and career!

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you work hard and prove yourself, this company is an amazing way to jump start your career. Constantly can be promoted if you chose to.

Cons

If you have poor mentors or leadership, you may become dissatisfied with your job.

Empower your employees to do well! I was lucky to have such a great management team that had my back an mentored me.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy