Best Buy

www.bestbuy.com

It's a great place to work if you are willing to work for it.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsThere are opportunities to grow and lots learn in many different areas. This company offers a lot of flexibility for moving up and around through various locations and many positions. Best Buy can be a wonderful place to work especially with all the new technology that comes together in one building.

ConsIt's a pretty normal retail environment, but the down side of being non commissioned means that wether its a big sale or a small sale no one makes an extra dime past to hours put in. Pay cap is a bit low but by no means the worst out there.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust keep in mind that the associates on the floor are the true face of the company and their development will be the best path to success. Don't follow the path of other retailers, and by this I mean focus on your associates as the investment they are. Best Buy has some incredible people within it's walls and that is the reason for the companies resilience in the face of everything. Please never forget that and don't try to make a come back by bleeding out the "overhead" of labor, we are what make it happen for you every day. One person can not operate an entire sales floor nor can they know everything about every area.

Field Service Technician

Geek Squad, Certified Special Agent (CSA) (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than a year

Pros: Supervisers always treated people with respect and dignity. They… Cons: the processes and paperwork were long and redundant. Interaction… Advice to Senior Management: None...you were the best Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great

Computer Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for less than a year

Pros: The pay is good. Not too much micro managing and the discount is… Cons: Pressure to sell during slow hours of the day. If you do… Advice to Senior Management: Create more incentives for employees to sell more as individuals… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!