Temporary employment

Current Employee - Life Style Sales Associate (DI) in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Life Style Sales Associate (DI) in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a recent graduate and aspiring photographer I enjoy most days at BB. I get to meet and teach a lot of photography enthusiast of all levels and nationalities.

Cons

Best Buy is more concerned with getting people to spend as much money as possible even if they can't afford it (e.i BB credit card) than with customer satisfaction and making sure the leave with what they really need/want.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great company. Took me out of a rut and jump started my life and career!

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you work hard and prove yourself, this company is an amazing way to jump start your career. Constantly can be promoted if you chose to.

Cons

If you have poor mentors or leadership, you may become dissatisfied with your job.

Advice to Management

Empower your employees to do well! I was lucky to have such a great management team that had my back an mentored me.

2. Great discount, usually great customers, not so great treatment, worse pay.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA

I worked at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The discount was amazing, cost plus 5% can never hurt. The uniforms made dressing easy and cheap, the culture was always fun (especially Geek Squad), and the customers were typically really awesome.

Cons

The pay was terrible, and they did not offer commission even though they had commissioned sales expectations. Management had no handle on the store for the most part and sometimes even added to the drama. There was absolutely no work/life balance, especially during the holidays--if you had a second job to supplement (since this would not help pay for an apartment), they offered no leeway during the holidays.

Advice to Management

Stop choosing favorites, figure out who is actually making the company money and then reward them appropriately.