Best Buy

www.bestbuy.com

Nice company, but II needs better management

Sales Support Associate (Current Employee) Prattville, AL

ProsCoworkers are great, and a fun place to work, especially if you enjoy your position. It's a pretty good job for college students, because you'll get good hours, and your managers will hear you out for when you do and don't want to work.

ConsCustomers can be really disrespectful to you, but all of retail is like that. I personally think that we are underpaid, and our raises aren't high enough. The new CEO cut jobs and wages to save the company. He is a complete moron who doesn't know what he's doing. He needs to change our sales strategy to think like a customer, and find ways to satisfy them more. Customers as it is now find best buy associates to be annoying with all the questions that they ask you, as well as all of the questions they make the people who run the cash registers ask customers. The other issue is management. Sometimes you get good managers who know how to treat their employees and set and good example,while others seem to think that they can just order everyone around while they do LITTLE TO NO WORK. IF YOU HAVE TIME TO ORDER EVERYONE AROUND, THEN YOU HAVE TIME TO DO IT YOURSELF, YOU'RE JUST TO LAZYTO DO IT. With that being said, some managers aren't in school, aren't married, and live by themselves, so they don't care about your other obligations, and will try to make you stay later than you are scheduled as if you have nothing else to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to follow the example of Amazon, they are an exceptional retail that the CEO could learn A LOT from. Store management needs to learn to treat employees better and set the example of how to be an exceptional Best Buy employee, management is about leadership and responsibility, not title and ordering people around while screw around.

Coworkers were awesome, management sucked.

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Portland, OR

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros: coworkers, some customers, technology, video games. Cons: management wasn't responsive or lazy. Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your employees, make sure your management and supervisors… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Did not look forward to coming to work.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Rockaway, NJ

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros: Usually always hiring, not hard to get hired, better than… Cons: Company does not care about its employees though it would have you believe that is does. Pay is very unfair and uneven. New, non-experienced worker… Advice to Senior Management: The management are just overpaid peons as well. They have no… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!