There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Nice company, but II needs better management

Current Employee - Sales Support Associate  in  Prattville, AL
Current Employee - Sales Support Associate in Prattville, AL

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for less than a year

Pros

Coworkers are great, and a fun place to work, especially if you enjoy your position. It's a pretty good job for college students, because you'll get good hours, and your managers will hear you out for when you do and don't want to work.

Cons

Customers can be really disrespectful to you, but all of retail is like that. I personally think that we are underpaid, and our raises aren't high enough. The new CEO cut jobs and wages to save the company. He is a complete moron who doesn't know what he's doing. He needs to change our sales strategy to think like a customer, and find ways to satisfy them more. Customers as it is now find best buy associates to be annoying with all the questions that they ask you, as well as all of the questions they make the people who run the cash registers ask customers. The other issue is management. Sometimes you get good managers who know how to treat their employees and set and good example,while others seem to think that they can just order everyone around while they do LITTLE TO NO WORK. IF YOU HAVE TIME TO ORDER EVERYONE AROUND, THEN YOU HAVE TIME TO DO IT YOURSELF, YOU'RE JUST TO LAZYTO DO IT. With that being said, some managers aren't in school, aren't married, and live by themselves, so they don't care about your other obligations, and will try to make you stay later than you are scheduled as if you have nothing else to do.

Need to follow the example of Amazon, they are an exceptional retail that the CEO could learn A LOT from. Store management needs to learn to treat employees better and set the example of how to be an exceptional Best Buy employee, management is about leadership and responsibility, not title and ordering people around while screw around.

5735 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Coworkers were awesome, management sucked.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Portland, OR

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

coworkers, some customers, technology, video games.

Cons

management wasn't responsive or lazy.

Listen to your employees, make sure your management and supervisors actually do some work and not just walk the floor.

Did not look forward to coming to work.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Rockaway, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Rockaway, NJ

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

Usually always hiring, not hard to get hired, better than a fast food job

Cons

Company does not care about its employees though it would have you believe that is does. Pay is very unfair and uneven. New, non-experienced worker was hired for same position as me and received over $2 more an hour than me and other associates. In fact, the person was most critical to our department and was there the longest actually got the lowest pay. They treat you like a child as well. Not much good about this job.

The management are just overpaid peons as well. They have no authority to fix the real issues that are wrong with this company.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!