Competitive selling, nomar goal pressure, infrequent bonuses, and terrible wait for raises.

Current Employee - C&T Sales Lead  in  DeKalb, IL
Current Employee - C&T Sales Lead in DeKalb, IL

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Selling technology with the support of constant elearnings is more stimulating than other entry level/minimum wage jobs. If you have good selling skills and leadership you may be able to grab a promotion and move up within the company--you'll just have to wait for your raise.

Cons

There are slightly unrealistic bonus goals now that CBG bonuses off of notional margin rather than revenue; so if you like bonuses, get a position in HBG selling homesyncs and 4K TVs.

Annual reviews for raises ought to change; it should be a merit/selling history based rating system.

Other Reviews for Best Buy

Customer Service 3 years

I worked at Best Buy part-time

Pros

Decent pay for part time

Cons

Poorly managed, only care about the numbers not the employees

Don't stick around for too long.

Current Employee - Sales  in  Kissimmee, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Kissimmee, FL

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay starts well, and the training and experience is definitely worth something. A good place to begin your career in electronics.

Cons

Quality of job is determined by your immediate manager and general manager. While some stores have good management that can lead to promotions, pay raises etc. many stores have poor management and equity is very unfair. I get paid less than the new hires I train, which is not right.

Stop trying to make it look like you have a good evoice result and actually take action to make evoice survey results positive. Furthermore, sell solutions to customers opposed to making us focus on numbers and sales all day!

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!