www.bestbuy.com
  www.bestbuy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

intersting

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

discount, friendly employees, new items

Cons

nothing, nothing , nothing ,nothing

6319 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Best Buy

Former Employee - Full Timer In Inventory and Portable Electronics in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Best Buy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Discounts, the people, the relative number of Best Buys means that commuting shouldn't be an issue unless you choose to work at a Best Buy farther away or are transferred.

Cons

Depending on the store it can be very political, though this can be said of all jobs so nothing new there. Former CEO Brian Dunn damaged the company in more ways than can be mentioned here.

As I said before all jobs can be political, but for those who which to advance within the company there should be a some sort of internal checklist for those wishing advancement to a certain position to ebb out store politics.

Great place to develop yourself!

Current Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Norridge, IL
    Current Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Norridge, IL

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (more than an year)

Pros

With their new stance on putting the customers first, Best Buy is a great place to grow as an individual and to build confidence in the things that you do. It is great if you are good working in a team environment. While it comes down to the individual to pull some of the weight to be successful, performance is shown collectively as a team. Movement in the company is readily available, if you are looking to move up in the company.

Cons

A lot of the training is done on computers as online quizzes. Which I've never found as an effective way of learning things. I am more of someone who learns by doing and learning from mistakes.

One thing I have noticed at Big Box Best Buys, leadership tend to look down on people, employees and customers. They also tend to talk down and leadership that i have dealt with at Big Box best buys always seem to have a bad attitude.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy