Best Buy

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

very fun

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Irving, TX
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Irving, TX

I worked at Best Buy part-time (less than a year)

Pros

great co workers and fun environment

Cons

low hourly pay for all the responsibilities and no commission

keep it up

6817 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Love it!

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

Really cool work environment. Get to be close up selling to people. Not stuck behind a register or constantly micro managed.

Cons

None in my opinion. Really cool place to work. My location was a little far from my house but that is a problem with ME, not the company

Nothing, doing great.

Project Team is a pretty great job for single people out of college.

Current Employee - Project Team Specialist in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Project Team Specialist in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You get good hours when the projects are up and running which is usually February-November. Mostly around 40 hours or more. Traveling is a great addition, your hotels, rental cars, plane tickets, all paid for. $35 a day for per diem, possibly more if you travel to a more expensive area i.e. Hawaii, New York City etc. Work isn't so bad, easy to learn, just takes time to get experience with everything. You do get monthly bonuses every once in awhile, but its usually only $100-200.

Cons

December-January there is literally no work to do so you mope around stores doing "go back" work (tying up lose ends from projects throughout the year) and limited to 32 hours a week unless you can temp transfer to another part of the company.

Biggest con has to be working overnight. It just sucks and kinda ruins your ability to function as a social adult. It's passable if you are single, but as someone who is married, working overnight and traveling on a consistent basis has forced me to look for employment elsewhere.

No room to move up. Theres a huge log jam for promotions as everyone has been around for awhile and is qualified for a promotion, however whenever someone leaves the company they eliminate the position instead of filling it.

Stop eliminating positions when people quit. Find something better for people to do during December-January.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy