Best Buy
3.3 of 5 4,726 reviews
www.bestbuy.com Richfield, MN 5000+ Employees

Overall a benevolent employer with high focus on sales volume.

Computes and Tablets Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for less than a year

ProsThere's an obvious brand image and customer awareness built from the top and pushed down. They encourage and require training directly related your job responsibilities in addition to many general purpose trainings (ie: hazmats).

While management tends to be young they appear well trained and professional.

They know their consumer well and try to deliver high value products and services to them.

ConsThey require a large amount of availability with only minimal (8) guaranteed hours- which is often the result.

The large majority of Sales Associates are 20-somethings and have attitudes and professionalism commiserate with their experience. They often favor quick shortcuts rather than doing the job right.

A consequence of this youthful culture is a dirty break room where many staff leave lunch left overs on the table for others to deal with.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet clear realistic results and thorough resources to achieve them.

Almost walked away from this job. Was made to wait 75 minutes on second interview- then had to leave. At rescheduled interview had to wait 45 min and was on the brink of leaving again thinking this an indicator of the professionalism and respect I should expect working there.

Store Manager and Multi Unit Management

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great people and opportunity to grow Cons: There are really no cons at my level. For line level employees… Advice to Senior Management: Nothing they don't already know Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Part time job

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros: Great experience, flexible, everyone was friendly Cons: No cons, made great friends More

There are newer reviews on Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly. All reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees.