Strict Policy

I worked at Best Buy part-time

Pros

Flexible Hours and Fun Enviroment

Cons

Push to do alot of sales

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Sr. Manager Finance

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Entrepreneurial, great culture and people, lots of complex challenges and problems to overcome, amazing campus and driven leadership. The finance function supports moving within the company and ensure leaders with breadth of experiences rise higher and faster.

Cons

External competitive landscape and cyclical business environment. Weather in Minneapolis is rough, but the best city to live in during the summer.

2. Watching a ship sink.

Current Employee - Best Buy Mobile Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Best Buy Mobile Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is ok once you pass the line level associates. Supervisors make anywhere inbetween 15-25 dollars an hour depending on what department you supervise. Mobile and Geek Squad being the highest. Discount is awesome.

Cons

No work-life balance. I've had vacations I've planned for and requested off for cancelled infront of my eyes due to new company operating model. If you request off good luck getting it accepted in the first place. They talk about all the vacation and absence time they give you but HIGHLY frown upon using it. I've seen serious HR abuses at multiple locations, when someone is disliked they are quickly cut down for any reason possible. I've had multiple GM's tell me if they want someone gone "they will find a way". This is retail hell. Run away from this company, run as far as you can. DO MORE WITH LESS IS THE COMPANY MOTTO.

Advice to Management

Live your company values, you talk about them all the time but no one follows them. Quit firing people and bowing to wall street pressures. I saw my store comp down 2% YOY, and they cut management from 9 to 5 people. Not only did they cut them, they knew who they were gonna cut for two months and my GM told his favorite manager who was staying and going. This manager went around being super coy and vague to all the mangers he didn't like about how he wasn't sure if they had a job. Scaring them into quitting so they wouldn't have to pay severance.