There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Good experience, OK pay

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

Job was laid-back, easy to follow instructions. I also learned about technology and new products a lot.

Cons

The hours are sometimes late, as more people shop at night. Not very flexible comes holiday time

reviews filtered by

Solid Company to work for and growh with.

Current Employee - District Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - District Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

As a large company, Best Buy provides a variety of career advancement opportunities in many facets of the business including Specialty divisions such as Best Buy Canada, Best Buy Mobile and Premium Brands (Pacific Sales and MDC). As an enterprise, Best Buy maintains a true focus on Talent with a good opportunity for career advancement based on performance in roll.

Cons

As Best Buy is consistently adapting and changing to the current ecomomy and market place, changes in strategy can sometimes happen so quickly that the previous stragies did not have a change to be thoroughly executed. Some of these changes also have a direct impact on job security in leadership roles within the company.

2. Best Buy is a company that is genuinely interested in their employees' personal development.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Anchorage, AK
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Anchorage, AK

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fair pay, great benefits, great work environment, and fantastic opportunities.

Cons

Mislead management strategies, understaffed, not enough tenure incentive.

Staffing is huge. We need more people on the floor, plain and simple. We simply can't deliver our customers the excellent experience they deserve if there isn't enough people there to help them.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy