Great Company going through a Hard Time

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richfield, MN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richfield, MN

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hires store employees right out of college for entry level roles Many career paths available, you can easily switch from different capabilities across the company Great discount and benefits Flexible scheduling Open environment, networking is encouraged and does not seem to bother anyone

Cons

Annual reviews do not allow fair compensation increases Still going through a rebuild phase which does not provide stability for anyone

Advice to Management

Continue making strategic decisions that will grow the company with the least amount of negative impact to the employees and customers

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

1. Every man/woman for yourself

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Springfield, OR
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Springfield, OR

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy helping customers find what they need without having to make a second trip.

Cons

The company acts like they care about other things than attaching their protection plans, but in reality if you work there you'll realize the truth. I've even heard supervisors tell employees it's ok to sell the customer a cheaper product (even if it doesn't fit their needs), so they can afford the extended "warranty." If you have morals, I would work elsewhere.

2. Seasonal Temp at Distribution Center

Former Employee - Repack Temp Associate in Findlay, OH
    Former Employee - Repack Temp Associate in Findlay, OH

I worked at Best Buy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Warehouse conditions were much more pleasant than I expected. My co-workers and managers were all very friendly and welcoming. There was a genuine feeling of teamwork.

Cons

Only a few hired as seasonal temps were able to stay on permanently. I would have loved to stay, but wasn't chosen. This particular D.C. only operates on 1st shift outside the holiday rush.

Advice to Management

Value your temps because they are working just as hard as the regular employees.