Best Buy

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Good Experience, Good Pay

Current Employee - Geek Squad, Counter-Operations Agent (COA) in Ellisville, MO
Current Employee - Geek Squad, Counter-Operations Agent (COA) in Ellisville, MO

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good high school job, wage way above minimum wage, easy to take time off and switch schedule around, bonuses from company quarterly if store performs above and beyond, great discount

Cons

Retail, irate customers, too many managers

Stop changing selling style and leadership style.

6313 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

It was great, until all constant restructures

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Best Buy full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

- Career opporuntities - I worked there for almost 10 years
    - Each store feels like a family... I worked at 3 different ones during my career, each felt like a home-away-from-home
    - Personal Growth
    - Great learning experience for retail sales, general business knowledge, human resources, sales, technology, etc
    - Paid Time Off
    - Benefits were great for me (no children, so I don't have an opinion on that)

Cons

- Work-life balance as a salaried manager was not always great. Shifts such as 11-9 multiple times a week kills your time with family and friends and any activities... I never would have had time to go back to school while working there
    - Starting sometime in 2008 it seemed that we were having a restructure every other year and it was impacting too many great people. A lot of the time those great people were rehired in similar, but different role 6+ months later.
    - Best Buy used to be an enthusiastic and exciting place I was proud to say I worked out. These days it definitely just feels more like a job. I cannot pinpoint the reason why, but it has been very noticable the past couple of years.

What's the point in getting rid of people who have worked with the company for 10 plus years? Having a majority of your team concerned with job security is not the way to run a business. There is a combined almost 100 years of experiece leaving the company after this year's restructure. That is insane to me.

Awesome company to work for

Current Employee - Best Buy Sales Associate in Champaign, IL
    Current Employee - Best Buy Sales Associate in Champaign, IL

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everyday is different. They allow associates to make "wise business decisions". They are very customer driven. The job gives back what you put in to it.

Cons

Holidays are full of long days and weeks. At time pay can seem a bit low for the amount of effort put in.

Pay should be more similar to other retail environments (Cellular Carrier Stores, HHGregg, and so on).

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy