Best Buy

www.bestbuy.com

Its just a job.

Sales Support Associate (Current Employee)

ProsHours are good, depending on what department you work in. Co workers are all very friendly managers are pretty cool, very laid back atmosphere.

ConsThe money is weak, you will most likely start off as a part timer. Always negotiate for more money in your initial interview process when you get that third interview.
Its very who knows who. If you want to move up, you have to know someone, and even then they'll play favorites. They make a lot of decisions that don't really make a lot of sense and the store hurts for it.
All they care about are the numbers. Percent of Margin, How many brand of payments, whats your CSI scores are. What your pick time is.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake decisions that are logical. Don't just throw someone into a full time spot where they have 0 experience just because they threaten to quit.

A lot of work and more sales than technology

Home Theater Sales Associate (Former Employee) Springfield, VA

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros: Working with all the department exposes you to different technologies. Retail… Cons: managers care more about the sale and pushing the "black tie" than the actual customer experience. realize the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Love electronics but the company does not love you

Supervisor (Current Employee) Hartsdale, NY

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Employee discount and open boxes Cons: Poor Training, no more room for growth, black friday, work… Advice to Senior Management: Although a lot of changes have taken place since the dismissal of Brian the company is still not were it needs to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!