There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Get with the times

Current Employee - Conectivity Sales Supervisor  in  Wauwatosa, WI
Current Employee - Conectivity Sales Supervisor in Wauwatosa, WI

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay, great discount, great employees

Cons

Expensive health insurance, a lot of redundancy with leadership, lack of focus, management is too busy flirting with the cashiers and going out drinking than running their business. A lot of failure is considered "opportunity" they never get rid of the managers that check out mentally.

Know your leaders. Talk to your line level employees. Your leadership or lack there of is killing your business.

5768 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

A lot of work and more sales than technology

Former Employee - Home Theater Sales Associate  in  Springfield, VA
    Former Employee - Home Theater Sales Associate in Springfield, VA

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with all the department exposes you to different technologies.
    Retail experience was eye opening.

Cons

managers care more about the sale and pushing the "black tie" than the actual customer experience. realize the job is not service but rather retail, you will have to push items and try to up sell customers.

Sinking ship I'd avoid.

Current Employee - Home Theater Sales Associate  in  Wentzville, MO
    Current Employee - Home Theater Sales Associate in Wentzville, MO

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The discount is amazing. You actually can learn a lot of stuff there. Typically everyone is fairly friendly but its like every where.

Cons

Over worked, under paid, constant changes on very short notice, it's a sinking ship and everyone is delusional about it, over all I would not recommend it. They do a shitty job training and will often waste time. The managers claim they want to provide a "world class shopping experience" but you really aren't given the motivation to. You literally are told to lie to customers. I hate it. There are several points that just do not make sense that only Best Buy would have thought to say. If anyone is still reading, do not buy Monster HDMI cables. They are not better.

Raise the pay, and stop trying to act superior. Wal-Mart gave me regular bonuses too. Face reality more. Stop acting like the Geek Squad Protections are gifts from God himself. They're terrible and almost always end up screwing somebody over.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!