Geek Squad

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Miami, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The working environment is usually very fun and jolly. If you like fixing computers this is an nice place to do it. I was in in-store tech so I didn't have the shiny cool badge to flash around, but boy did a have some fun stories. From calling cops on out of control customers, sleep deprived customer falling asleep on the counter, customer starting to cry when she heard the total bill. Good times!

Cons

Low paying job, but it's what I expect from a job like this.

Sometimes I wonder how people got the store manager position, please act like and speak like a professional always, and not just when in front customers.

Other Reviews for Best Buy

Retail...no surprises here

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Westminster, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Westminster, CA

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexible hours, tuition reimbursement, employee discount, latest and greatest technologies, vacation pay for full time employees, stock purchase plan and 401K

Cons

Work weekends, work holidays, thankless job, no commission, very little upside to work hard or accomplish goals since you don't get any kind of raises after a certain point, constant pay deductions after you've earned a certain amount due to restructuring

If you give people a certain pay, honor it, don't take it away after, it gives the employee no motivation to work for anything anymore. The obligation to shareholders is understandable, but how about the ones driving the revenue and sales for the shareholders? if you take them away and the motivation for them to work hard, it is no good for Best Buy, the shareholders and employees. Also, the "no raise, because you are capped out" is a cop out, reward those who should be rewarded, weather with a promotion or a raise. I enjoyed working here for a long time, throughout college and after, but it became too mundane and boring, with managers only pushing numbers instead of working with employees to work together. Everyone respected Best Buy as innovative and looking ahead, so as not to end up like Circuit City, but now they are almost in the same basket. Online retailers are a big issue for big box stores, but having a brick and mortar location does have it's benefits, work with your employees to make it work out!

Great Company, Terrible HR

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Everett, WA

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

I absolutely loved working at this company, it was great, and the friends you make quickly become family.

Cons

The HR center seems to not care about employees, and see you as just another number in their system.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!