Best Buy

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Geek Squad

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at Best Buy part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The working environment is usually very fun and jolly. If you like fixing computers this is an nice place to do it. I was in in-store tech so I didn't have the shiny cool badge to flash around, but boy did a have some fun stories. From calling cops on out of control customers, sleep deprived customer falling asleep on the counter, customer starting to cry when she heard the total bill. Good times!

Cons

Low paying job, but it's what I expect from a job like this.

Sometimes I wonder how people got the store manager position, please act like and speak like a professional always, and not just when in front customers.

6330 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Overall positive environment but lacks in pay for value of work.

Current Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Highland, IN
    Current Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Highland, IN

I have been working at Best Buy part-time

Pros

The store I was at focused on driving team support and customer interactions. My managers and even the GM had excellent leadership qualities. I received feedback of my performance often and had constant support from my coworkers.

Cons

I did not like the fact that they pushed employees to sell credit apps to people. I mean not the fact that they wanted me to but the fact that they were displeased if I didn't. Some people would rather not have a BestBuy credit card.. Pay was my only other issue. I work as a Mobile Sales Consultant so I would need to learn carrier plans, carrier phones (contract and prepaid), the procedures for activating, hardware swaps, returns, plan changes.... my point is there's a learning curve for the mobile department. In comparison the actual carry companies (att, verizon, sprint) paid their employees more for a quarter of what we had to know. This is the reason I am leaving BestBuy. The money isn't right for me.

If a department brings in a good chunk of change and has a learning curve that is subject to change like moblie sales then pay more. The work is there and being accomplished so why not actually pay the value.

Great company to work for with a great working environment.

Former Employee - Sales Transaction Associate in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Transaction Associate in San Jose, CA

I worked at Best Buy part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fast-paced, great work environment, always pushed to do better. Offers chances to be trained in multi-channel departments (cashier, customer service, store-pickup). The store that I worked at was very laid back and young. Managers and supervisors were always around to give advice and help with any questions.

Cons

e-learning training very boring, would rather have more face-to-face training.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy