There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Good place to work, basic wage

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

If you are good at your job you are usually given a free ability to pursue your job under your own discretion. You need to work hard at the Bellingham location or people will definitely hound you. It is a fairly competitive culture, as with any sales based environment. The benefits are quite good even for part-time employees.

Cons

There are a few occasions of micro-management. Not many opportunities for advancement or for skill building.

Don't underestimate the value of honesty and respect to the people that you manage. However many people that you believe you have fooled into failing to see through your fake character, subtract about 50% of that to get the true number.

5981 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Not bad to work during highschool

Former Employee - Computer Specialist in Scranton, PA
    Former Employee - Computer Specialist in Scranton, PA

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

-Excellent employee discount
    - Ability to work with computers
    - Some of the people were fun to work with
    - If done well, customers will look for you

Cons

-only told when your job performance is poor
    - I had a hard time selling products customers didn't need. Why would a 65 year old lady need to buy a $200 service plan which costs half of the price of the computer?
    - Management (usually mid) wanted you to sell services (which is understandable) to EVERYONE... I don't know about other people, but when someone tries to shove service plans down my throat, I tend to not go back to that salesperson/company...

Better training options... shoving me in front of a monitor to click through slides that don't pertain to how to sell products to customers does not help.

Awesome

Former Employee - Home Tech Expert in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Home Tech Expert in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

It was a great job for a first job. I received excellent experience and learned a lot about sales i would recommend it to any one.

Cons

The sales requirements were hard, every time you beat your numbers you had to beat the numbers again, and it kept rising, they were never satisfied with how much we sold.

Provide some more incentives to keep working hard, and take away smoking breaks from smokers, us non smokers have to word harder to pick up their slack and get half the break time.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy