Best Buy

www.bestbuy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Great environment and staff!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dublin, CA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dublin, CA

I worked at Best Buy part-time (more than an year)

Pros

You work with some of the funnest co-workers and managers are really easy to work with when a situation occurs. They are understanding and are willing to help. You are put into a sales training program to prepare you for on the floor sales and it is helpful for any job after. Great benefits!

Cons

When it is busy, you're going to be on your feet all day. When it is slow, you are going to be on your feet all day and time will go by very slow. You deal with customers and are encouraged to make sales.

6560 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Good opportunity

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I worked at Best Buy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Awesome co-workers, great products, fun environment.

Cons

corporate restructure eliminated my position. Otherwise, good gig.

Good luck with your plan. I'm not sure I buy the movement to driving for revenue and doing away with notional margin. Wall St may like rev numbers but it's all about making money, i.e. margin.

Great Job, especially while in School

Former Employee - Best Buy Multi-Channel Sales Associate (MCSA) in Muncie, IN
    Former Employee - Best Buy Multi-Channel Sales Associate (MCSA) in Muncie, IN

I worked at Best Buy part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great people to work with, the Motto is to Have Fun while being the Best and we lived that every day, I can honestly say I learned a lot and enjoyed going to work. I was also working a retail job elsewhere and thought I got a lot more personal growth and knowledge from Best Buy.

Cons

Little room for professional growth, promotions are very rare. On feet all day.

Think creatively to grow the company. I would have stayed longer if I felt that I had promotion opportunities.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy