Best Buy

www.bestbuy.com

Good until they start to micromanage interactions

ProsThe people I work usually are pretty cool people and so is the management. Very down to earth people. The employee discount is great for a while but u find yourself spending alot because of it. Get to see the newest electronics and how they work and what they do. Fun atmosphere and you get bonuses each month if department hits goal.

ConsGetting people to cover one of your shifts can be a hassle. The pay is ok but for everything you have to know its not enough. Some employees that are in Home theater have to know, home theater, cameras, appliances, gaming, car audio, tvs, movies, music and now we are being trained in computer and tablets has well, so pretty much the entire store. Also family and friends keep trying to get stuff from you for a discount and it can get annoying.

Advice to Senior ManagementCoaching each interactions just makes the employee feel like crap and its starting to fell like Hubert is trying to micromanage every interaction with specific questions to ask on a worksheet.

Great Place to Learn

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Best Buy

Pros: STI, People, Learn new technologies, personal growth, compensation, lifelong friends,… Cons: Politics, work life balance, customer issues caused by antiquated company… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Rollercoaster

Home Sales Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Discount, you get to play with new toys Cons: You have to give up your life during the holidays, forget about thanksgiving.… Advice to Senior Management: Good luck Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!