Best Buy

www.bestbuy.com

Can They Survive

Current Employee - District Sales Manager
Current Employee - District Sales Manager

Pros

Challenging environment with a fast pace. The relationship with the vendors offers some great perks as an employee and is open to every level of associate. Historically the company has deeply rooted values however it is too early to tell if those will stay alive as they continue to try to positively impact the financials.

Cons

Too much turmoil. The company is constantly reinventing its structure both in the stores and at the corporate level. The lack of structured training beyond e-learnings is almost non existent. The emphasis on creating competent and confident employees that are committed to the company mission is not a focus.

Allow the plan time to actually work before reacting so quickly and dramatically. The current organization is not fluid and the soul of the company is being compromised. I feel the long term financial impact can be met with a focused balance on cost savings and investments into the stores. You can only save your way to success for so long. I hope this company really thrives in the future but only time will tell.

Other reviews for Best Buy

Was good while it lasted

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Cashier in Nashville, TN

Pros

I enjoyed working here, I absolutely loved the discount and liked talking to customers and the like. The employees working there were fun to hang out with and talk to.

Cons

Needs more hours for employees. Often didn't have the help we needed to help every customer. Got fired because I didn't sell enough Best Buy credit cards.

Up the hours for employees.

Not a job you can retire from

Pros

Good employee discount. The benefits are very good as well in terms of health, dental, vision, 401k, vacation, and sick pay. You get to work with a diverse amount of people. You get to see and learn about the latest consumer electronics.

Cons

Pay isn't very good with the amount of work and the hours you are expected to do. Lately, job security is a real issue. Many of us in management and supervisor positions just had our jobs eliminated and given a 30 day notice. They are also trimming the amount of full time staff in all stores.

Might want to look at other ways to cut costs besides the employee labor pool...

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!