Best Buy

www.bestbuy.com

This company has ADHD

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee)

ProsA place where someone without an education can get a chance at management. The employee discount is nice on items with margin. A lot of online product training available. Vendor support is nice and for sales management, lucrative (swag). If you are hired for a good store, you can make a decent bonus.

ConsZero respect for work life balance. No paid holidays for management. Toadyism is prevalent. Health benefits are expensive compared to former employers.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick with a concept or program for more than a month to actually give it a chance to see if it works; people have to get used to doing something to do it well. For a company that is trying to set itself apart from online competitors, is cutting payroll and management staff the best idea??? It's hard to sell the Blue Shirt experience when there are only four or five Blue Shirts covering an entire store. And cutting housekeeping is the first sign of a dying company...

Great, if you don't mind people who don't care about you

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Employee discount, attempts at team building, fairly flexible on hours,… Cons: Inept management, dealing with awful customers, politics/favoritism Advice to Senior Management: Realize that just because you are a manager and your employees aren't, it doesn't mean you're smarter… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Long

Back Office Lead (Current Employee) Benton Harbor, MI

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Benefits, Discount, non commission, not stressful, easy Cons: Fake people, new structures that the new managers don't know… Advice to Senior Management: Quit hiring fake people and your friends. Get people that… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!