Best Buy

www.bestbuy.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Great place to work if a student

Current Employee - Multi Channel Sales Associate in Temecula, CA
Current Employee - Multi Channel Sales Associate in Temecula, CA

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good bonuses, great management, good morals, flexible schedules for students, easy to excel if you are good at your job

Cons

lots you need to learn, not a great annual bonus amount

6837 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Always someone new to meet.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Everyday you would be faced with a different situation that was challenging and rewarding at the same time. It could be an employee issue or a customer issue. There was never a dull moment and you were always having to adapt and change at a moments whim.

Cons

Working as retail leadership your work-life balance is horrible. If you don't' have a partner that understands you are going to be working 50-60 hours a week and never be able to turn off work then expect to have some trouble on your hands.

Good for students looking to earn some extra cash.

Former Employee - Cashier, Media Sales, CA in Fredericksburg, VA
    Former Employee - Cashier, Media Sales, CA in Fredericksburg, VA

I worked at Best Buy part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The employee discount is still pretty sweet, but it used to be way better. The hours were never super crazy unless it was around Christmas and they were usually willing to work around my school schedule. Also made some great friends while working there, but I guess that all depends on where you work.

Cons

Pay isn't great. If you are part-time you won't be getting a lot of hours outside of the Christmas season(January and February were usually just 4 a week) and even full-time doesn't really make enough to support a family. That's why I say it is good for students. Trying to move up into management is pretty much impossible. I saw a lot of good people get passed over for the GM's favorite. Again I guess it depends on your stores GM though. Some are awesome and some shouldn't be allowed near people. Also they expect you to push everything on a customer. PRPs, PSPs, EW/SI subscriptions, credit cards, Geek Squad and more bs like that.

At my stores there were always problems with managers sleeping around with employees and then those employees would be the ones that move up in the store. It just made for a really bad work environment when it did happen. Also, lay off all the add ons. Most customers hate having that bs pushed on them. I think the approach should be much more casual. The employees shouldn't be blamed for not getting 10 mag subscripitions every shift or 20 PRPs. Some days just happen to better than others.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy