A great introduction to selling, if that is your goal.

Former Employee - Home Theater Sales Associate  in  Appleton, WI
Former Employee - Home Theater Sales Associate in Appleton, WI

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Generous discount on certain items, lots of ways to improve product knowledge, and generally good people at your own level to work with.

Cons

Micromanagement by the senior leaders to the point where when you walk in the door you have one of them on you to do something before you even punch in. A focus on sales numbers that put a commissioned based position to shame. Management being so self absorbed to think that they are the most important person. Management pulling you off of a sale to help in a department that isn't your current area.

Decide what is more important: numbers or employees.

Other Reviews for Best Buy

Geek Squad Double Agent -The company is not going in the right direction!

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

Good discounts, surrounded by all the new technology and gizmos...I loved that aspect of the job.

Cons

I truly loved my job as a geek squad double agent in the beginning, back in 2004 when geek squad rolled out, but then progressively it got worst as they were watching just numbers, the quantity of the jobs took over the quality, overbooked for in-home services, vacation blackout periods, but the most stressful was the scheduling department that always screwed up the times allocated for each job. I would get 6 jobs a day, when in reality one job would take 3 hours and this led into a lot of dissatisfied client since I was either too late or not being thorough enough with the once I was servicing. No real technical hands on training, just elearnings.

Stagnating

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Benefits are solid, employee discount is best in business. Company will be around for years to come. Meet a lot of good people in both the employees and customers.

Cons

Work life balance not good. The opportunity for growth has diminished greatly over the last few years. Some customers can be ridiculously cruel and unsympathetic about what is truly possible.

Give more positive recognition.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!