There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Not Bad For Part-Time Work

Current Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant  in  Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone works well together and helps each other out. For the most part pretty laid back and enjoyable. Decent Hours and the bonus structure for Mobile associates is much better now. Great discount. Learn a lot about good selling practices.

Cons

Lots of favoritism when positions for advancement become available. Pay is on the lower end and doesn't really seem to be appealing until you obtain a position of leadership. Pay also doesn't increase when going from part-time to Full-time. Not commission based yet they want you to sell and stress numbers as if we were.

Let employees make more decisions for themselves instead of having to call for a manager every time there is an issue.

5768 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Great company

Current Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant  in  Fayetteville, AR
    Current Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Fayetteville, AR

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great discount plan (yes not as good as it used to be.) Very rewarding work. We get paid to play with and sell the latest devices to customers. Some people in retail shouldn't be in retail. Its a job for people who love people.

Cons

Yeah the pay isn't that great for what they ask us to do compared to other similar jobs. Upward movement throughout the company is usually more dependent on restructures and firings then your own personal skills and qualifications.

More emphasis on quality e-learnings and promotion understandings.KNOWLEDGE IS POWER! Induction is great BUT we also need a comprehensive training plan for regular store POS (returns, My Best Buy) operations and merchandising standards (no unfortunately Merch TEAM doesn't do plano 100% or at all in some cases.)

Satisfied so far

Current Employee - Senior Specialist  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Specialist in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people that I work with on a day-to-day basis are great and I enjoy working with them. I've learned a lot about being a leader, dealing with difficult situations, pushed outside of my comfort zone and communication.

Cons

The pay still is a little less than competitive and we are losing talent to other companies due to this. When reviewing headcount, they often cut a position and not reviewing the talent and keeping the best talent they have. There are so many hoops to jump through just to get anything done.

Pay needs to be reviewed as always, but culture and incentives are down in the dumps. The new executive leadership team has not done anything to maintain a positive work environment, nor have they done anything for employee moral. There are so many things that could be done without spending money to retain talent. They need to learn how to motivate better without giving grand speeches that make them look and sound good with no tangible results.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!