Best Buy

www.bestbuy.com

Horrible

Mobile Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Sunrise, FL

ProsYour able to meet people and expanding your network. Also I work in the mobile department so phones are a big deal to people. You either do great and give them the best experience. Or you mess up their phone and it becomes a bad interaction.

ConsDOES NOT PAY ENOUGH. Especially in the mobile department. I recommend being a cashier or something easier. What sense does it make for cell phones employees and cashiers to make the same amount of money. In mobile you need to kno about 15+ carriers plus the pro and cons about each, and what will be great for the customer. At AT&T stores sprint and verizon. They get paid at least 12. In mobile they start you at 9 which is complete bull.

Advice to Senior ManagementI love electronics but management is management. It sucks in every store honestly. And I can't just blame mangers. I blame the CEO. I'm fed up with company. Most of its the pay. In mobile you don't get compensated for your work it's completely unfair. I might as well be a cashier and make the same amount of money. Won't deal with the stress of customers with their phones. I Won't recommend bestbuy to any of my family or friends.

Good people, bad policies and structure

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) (Current Employee)

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The people that Best Buy hires are good people. My favorite part of working there has always been the… Cons: Corporate is so disconnected with the stores that they constantly experiment with policies at the employee and customer expense, despite employee reactions. Best Buy's systems… Advice to Senior Management: Keep supplies stocked, learn to value and reward your most talented employees and not just the "suck ups." I've seen too many amazing and hard… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good at first, then not so much.

Sales Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: It can be a fun and challenging environment with lots… Cons: You don't get paid enough for what you sell and… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees better as they are taken advantage of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!