There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Kool Aid

Former Employee - Best Buy Sales Associate in Roseville, MI
Former Employee - Best Buy Sales Associate in Roseville, MI

I worked at Best Buy part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Coo stuff to play with. Never a dull moment.

Cons

If you don't drink the company kool aid you won't get anywhere even if you preform well.

Don't BS your employees into thinking they're not as good as they are.

5981 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Its an ok place to work as part time

Former Employee - Advance Repair Agent in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Advance Repair Agent in Houston, TX

I worked at Best Buy part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay is descent only if you are working for GeekSquad, great discount for employees

Cons

Management are not well trained , a lot of favoritism, and they are not fair with all of the employees. Always not enough staff working especially on Geeksquad. Lack of leadership from top managers.

Horrible

Current Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Sunrise, FL
    Current Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Your able to meet people and expanding your network. Also I work in the mobile department so phones are a big deal to people. You either do great and give them the best experience. Or you mess up their phone and it becomes a bad interaction.

Cons

DOES NOT PAY ENOUGH. Especially in the mobile department. I recommend being a cashier or something easier. What sense does it make for cell phones employees and cashiers to make the same amount of money. In mobile you need to kno about 15+ carriers plus the pro and cons about each, and what will be great for the customer. At AT&T stores sprint and verizon. They get paid at least 12. In mobile they start you at 9 which is complete bull.

I love electronics but management is management. It sucks in every store honestly. And I can't just blame mangers. I blame the CEO. I'm fed up with company. Most of its the pay. In mobile you don't get compensated for your work it's completely unfair. I might as well be a cashier and make the same amount of money. Won't deal with the stress of customers with their phones. I Won't recommend bestbuy to any of my family or friends.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy