There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Was able to learn and grow over the years but current environment is not for everyone.

Former Employee - Customer Research in Richfield, MN
Former Employee - Customer Research in Richfield, MN

I worked at Best Buy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Lots of smart people. Executive leadership is focused and clear about their vision. Good work life balance. Employee benefits are competitive.

Cons

Most significant con of working for Best Buy right now is that general moral is low. Future of company is uncertain.

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

1. Kool Aid

Former Employee - Best Buy Sales Associate in Roseville, MI
    Former Employee - Best Buy Sales Associate in Roseville, MI

I worked at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coo stuff to play with. Never a dull moment.

Cons

If you don't drink the company kool aid you won't get anywhere even if you preform well.

Advice to Management

Don't BS your employees into thinking they're not as good as they are.

2. Horrible

Current Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Sunrise, FL
    Current Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Your able to meet people and expanding your network. Also I work in the mobile department so phones are a big deal to people. You either do great and give them the best experience. Or you mess up their phone and it becomes a bad interaction.

Cons

DOES NOT PAY ENOUGH. Especially in the mobile department. I recommend being a cashier or something easier. What sense does it make for cell phones employees and cashiers to make the same amount of money. In mobile you need to kno about 15+ carriers plus the pro and cons about each, and what will be great for the customer. At AT&T stores sprint and verizon. They get paid at least 12. In mobile they start you at 9 which is complete bull.

Advice to Management

I love electronics but management is management. It sucks in every store honestly. And I can't just blame mangers. I blame the CEO. I'm fed up with company. Most of its the pay. In mobile you don't get compensated for your work it's completely unfair. I might as well be a cashier and make the same amount of money. Won't deal with the stress of customers with their phones. I Won't recommend bestbuy to any of my family or friends.