There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Was able to learn and grow over the years but current environment is not for everyone.

Former Employee - Customer Research in Richfield, MN
Former Employee - Customer Research in Richfield, MN

I worked at Best Buy full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Lots of smart people. Executive leadership is focused and clear about their vision. Good work life balance. Employee benefits are competitive.

Cons

Most significant con of working for Best Buy right now is that general moral is low. Future of company is uncertain.

reviews filtered by
  1. Horrible

Current Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Sunrise, FL
    Current Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Your able to meet people and expanding your network. Also I work in the mobile department so phones are a big deal to people. You either do great and give them the best experience. Or you mess up their phone and it becomes a bad interaction.

Cons

DOES NOT PAY ENOUGH. Especially in the mobile department. I recommend being a cashier or something easier. What sense does it make for cell phones employees and cashiers to make the same amount of money. In mobile you need to kno about 15+ carriers plus the pro and cons about each, and what will be great for the customer. At AT&T stores sprint and verizon. They get paid at least 12. In mobile they start you at 9 which is complete bull.

I love electronics but management is management. It sucks in every store honestly. And I can't just blame mangers. I blame the CEO. I'm fed up with company. Most of its the pay. In mobile you don't get compensated for your work it's completely unfair. I might as well be a cashier and make the same amount of money. Won't deal with the stress of customers with their phones. I Won't recommend bestbuy to any of my family or friends.

2. Good job, but was hard to move up

Former Employee - Mobile Wireless Sales Consultant in Round Rock, TX
    Former Employee - Mobile Wireless Sales Consultant in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Best Buy part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The hours were flexible and the pay was good if the entire mobile team made the bonus for the month.

Cons

Best Buy (at least this location) tends to hire people as part time, and it's very difficult to move into one of the few part time positions. They spend a lot of time on "team building" exercises to boost morale, and not enough time on sharing more of the profit with their employees. The Mobile department was the highest paid department and it was only half owned by Best Buy and was run very differently than the rest of the store. There was a high turnover of employees and low morale towards management and the company as a whole.

Spend more time working to get the employees better living wages and less time trying to convince them that their life is amazing with such low pay and benefits.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy