Leave you kinda blue

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

Co-workers are fun and caring majority of the time. There is a family feel to it. And there's something really awesome when you help a customer and they just can't help but smile. I love that feeling knowing that I made someone's day a little easier.

Cons

Being moved around without the adequate training. Customers that are beyond upset over past experiences that didn't even involve you. The MIS is somewhat outdated and crashes often. Part-timers don't get a steady schedule one week you have no hours the next you're working 30.

Stop pushing employees to force credit cards onto people most don't want it and some really can't afford one at their present state.

Other Reviews for Best Buy

Okay job, great way to get foot in the door for many other career opitions.

Current Employee - Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate in Miami, FL

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

If in school, one of the best places to accomodate schedule. Can be a very laid back atmosphere and can teach you a lot about entering the corporate world in sales.

Cons

Low pay compared to what is asked, no commission yet expected to sell like employees are on commission. Very political environment, people get promoted solely based off of how well they suck up to managers.

Give more benefits to part timers, everything is geared towards full timers. Consider all options for managers, majority of them never help customers and tend to look down on employees as if they own them.

Glad it was only a year

I have been working at Best Buy part-time

Pros

You get paid well per hour and you can get more hours if you need them.

Cons

I would type everything, but I've wasted enough time already. Management, management and management.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!