Best Buy

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Never Again

Former Employee - Multi Channel Sales Associate in Temple, TX
Former Employee - Multi Channel Sales Associate in Temple, TX

I worked at Best Buy part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I suppose I had lots of freedom... I could talk to managers easily but if it were about an issue it would be dismissed. There's not many pro's.

Cons

Fraternizing was a huge issue. Lack of consistent management. The expectation that you should allow customers to yell and threaten you is unacceptable. I have never been treated so poorly in my life and management literally told me that was my job. Sorry buy being personally threatened was not my job. There are too many con's. Just thinking about Best Buy makes me upset. Oh and no competitive pay. They screw you every way they can.

Be managers! Don't let people (especially young kids) walk all over you. Enforce the rules and have expectations. If you have to teach common sense, manners, and time management skills then do it. Stop making excuses for your employees or yourself. Step up and get on the same page.

6330 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

The times are changing...

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Texarkana, TX
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Texarkana, TX

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with (usually) ..
    Decent discount on certain items...
    That's really all that I can think of at this time...

Cons

Management is deaf to suggestions from lower level employees. Corporate has on several occasions made very shady policy changes, and when the policy would fall through, corporate was quick to pass the buck and blame the line level employees.

When I first started the employee turnover was near 0%, but in the last 6 months our turnover has skyrocketed to nearly 100%.

Take ownership of the consequences of your actions.
    Take suggestions from your line level employees, because usually they can tell you whether or not your idea will actually work or not.
    Understand that without your line level employees there would be NO Best Buy, and if you take care of them, then you'll attract top level talent.

Okay job, great way to get foot in the door for many other career opitions.

Current Employee - Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate in Miami, FL

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (more than an year)

Pros

If in school, one of the best places to accomodate schedule. Can be a very laid back atmosphere and can teach you a lot about entering the corporate world in sales.

Cons

Low pay compared to what is asked, no commission yet expected to sell like employees are on commission. Very political environment, people get promoted solely based off of how well they suck up to managers.

Give more benefits to part timers, everything is geared towards full timers. Consider all options for managers, majority of them never help customers and tend to look down on employees as if they own them.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy