Like family.

Current Employee - Merchandising Specialist
Current Employee - Merchandising Specialist

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're working at the right location, your coworkers will be your family. My GM is one of the most genuine people I've ever met; he treats everyone equally and does absolutely everything that he can to make sure that we are all comfortable and happy in our jobs. He makes an effort to get to know every one of us. There are many opportunities for moving up. Not only that, but the managers pay attention to your strengths and weaknesses. They will recommend transferring you to another area of the store if your current position isn't working out for you. Starting pay is higher than most other retail areas. The opportunity to learn is exceptional here. The e-learnings can be dull, but the actual hands-on information is priceless. Employee discount: awesome.

Cons

Corporate is a joke. They're glorified paper-pushers. They have no idea what's actually happening in store and try to implement absolutely ridiculous goals that no one can reach, then expect the managers to punish their employees for not meeting those goals. It can be very tense for this reason. Sales structure has the expectations of a commission-based company minus the actual commission. Turnover rates are skyrocketing because of this. Losing a lot of amazing upper management due to budget cuts. E-learnings are often silly and use outdated/misguided information.

Advice to Management

Empathize with your employees when times are tough, especially your sales team. You're not the only ones going home stressed out.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Asset Protection is a joke

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Best Buy part-time

Pros

I do not believe this job had any pros.

Cons

Literally everything you could think of

2. Great job but they don't care about there employees

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Flowood, MS
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Flowood, MS

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like best buy because of the team they have and also its a great place to work in interact with customers

Cons

I been a best buy for 1yr and 3 months..I was suppose to receive a raise at my 1yr mark and 2 months have passed in still no raise..every time I ask my manager she say they're working on it but I haven't seen changing numbers takeso long..its ridiculous...they always calling for me to come in and help when their short but still haven't solved my raise issue also wen u contact hr they r no help...BEST BUY doesn't value their employees..as long as the managers are getting there salary pay they don't care about any one else..I have another job but I promised my manager I would still stay there because I no they are short staffed but I'm to the point were I about to walk away from best buy bcuz clearly they don't care about me so y should I care about them!!

Advice to Management

Start acting like they appreciate their team