There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

BBFB

Former Employee - Business Account Manager
Former Employee - Business Account Manager

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

Excellent Benefits overall, tons of opportunities for advancement, employee perks are amazing. The hours were flexible, good vibe from the company overall.

Cons

BBFB was very unstructured, and management sucked in my area. Management should have same guidelines in all area. My manager refused to let me work from home, even though I was told I could during the interview. He contraindicated himself frequently, causing confusion amongst the people underneath him. A lot of animosity towards the managers because of lack of information, training, and they just flat out didn't listen. They're trying to grow big too fast, causing smaller markets to work in, with little support from corporate.

Hire people who actually know HOW to manager their employees, instead of just hiring them because they sell well.

reviews filtered by
  1. Overall A Good Place To Work

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

Competitve pay, good people to work with, great place to interact with people, and a good opertunity for advancement within the company.

Cons

Promtions are occasionaly given to the wrong people, discretion in pay between similar jobs, work alot of weekends and holidays.

Work on giving promotions to those who deserve it most and pay those who work hard and achieve as much as those who don't but have lost interest in their jobs.

2. Best Buy, more than an electronic store

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

Its a very laid back environment, where everyone is productive and overall get together well. There arent really any cliques, everyone seems to get along great!

Cons

Seems difficult to be able to jump on board the management ladder. But overall everyone understands each other fairly well. It would be great if they had a career path established for college graduates that would like to keep on going with best buy.

Leadership is great, it would be great if they would coach those that want to excell and move up to a better position.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy