There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

"Good Work Environment"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Wheeling, WV
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Wheeling, WV

I worked at Best Buy part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The managers at my store were very understanding and allowed for flexible schedules. They were great about teaching very good selling skills. They also promote from within.

Cons

During the holidays you were expected to give up every aspect of your life and work super long hours. The managers could get too familiar with the employees which made them bad at managing them.

6002 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Fun Company until Laid Off

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

Great co-workers, always learn about the newest technology, most customer very eager to learn new things, most employees are excited to work in a technology place, pay is usually great the higher you go

Cons

Leadership roles usually requires sacrifices in family time but hey it is retail,

Company crossed the line and proved they have no value or integrity.

Current Employee - Computer Sales Specialist in Greenfield, WI
    Current Employee - Computer Sales Specialist in Greenfield, WI

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Taught me the value of customer interaction and how not to treat my employees. Although this comes from a very negative experience, it is something I look back on many years later.

Cons

Store operations and management do not value their employees and treat them as disposable. They do not value their customers and would rather lie and cheat them to edge out a few extra cents. My story comes from a situation in which a customer wished to purchase a computer. As helpful as I could be, the service plan was just not in the budget for the customer. I was instructed by my department manager to inform the customer that the computer was not in stock and drop the sale. Reluctantly I did something I promised I would never do again and turned the customer away. The customer walked around the isles and found the computer new and in a box on the top shelf of an isle and demanded that we sell it to them. Upset with myself, I agreed to sell the computer to the customer and helped them out to the car. When I returned the General Manager was waiting for me and informed me that if I sold another one of them without a service plan he would have no choice but to let me go. To this day I still have several "customer service" awards from Best Buy and was proud of my accomplishments. I couldn't believe he would threaten me for doing the right thing. I looked at my manager and apologized, handed my name badge in and walked out of the store to never return.

Employee retention and development, are the key elements to the strength on any company.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy