There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

It is a great company with great services and wonderful employee accommodations.

Current Employee - Home Theater Sales Associate in Glendora, CA
Current Employee - Home Theater Sales Associate in Glendora, CA

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (more than an year)

Pros

discount people, help for students, flexibility, friendly, great team environment

Cons

pay should be a dollar higher

5981 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Good

Current Employee - Mobile Sales Associate in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Mobile Sales Associate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Easy pay, Flexible hours, work with school schedule, associate driven

Cons

Managers have their moments. HR changes policies often. It's hard to get to every customer when you are short staffed.

Like family.

Current Employee - Merchandising Specialist
    Current Employee - Merchandising Specialist

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you're working at the right location, your coworkers will be your family. My GM is one of the most genuine people I've ever met; he treats everyone equally and does absolutely everything that he can to make sure that we are all comfortable and happy in our jobs. He makes an effort to get to know every one of us.
    There are many opportunities for moving up. Not only that, but the managers pay attention to your strengths and weaknesses. They will recommend transferring you to another area of the store if your current position isn't working out for you.
    Starting pay is higher than most other retail areas.
    The opportunity to learn is exceptional here. The e-learnings can be dull, but the actual hands-on information is priceless.
    Employee discount: awesome.

Cons

Corporate is a joke. They're glorified paper-pushers. They have no idea what's actually happening in store and try to implement absolutely ridiculous goals that no one can reach, then expect the managers to punish their employees for not meeting those goals. It can be very tense for this reason. Sales structure has the expectations of a commission-based company minus the actual commission. Turnover rates are skyrocketing because of this. Losing a lot of amazing upper management due to budget cuts. E-learnings are often silly and use outdated/misguided information.

Empathize with your employees when times are tough, especially your sales team. You're not the only ones going home stressed out.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy