Best Buy

www.bestbuy.com
  www.bestbuy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Great place to work on the local level, another story when it comes to district, territory, regional, etc....

I have been working at Best Buy full-time

Pros

Good environment, fun, collaborative, and you felt like you insights were paid attention too and made a difference. Also the employee price discount was great.

Cons

Constant change of requirements for each individual and department, also ridiculous bureaucracy at levels above the store.

6313 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Good Job While In College.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Best Buy part-time

Pros

Being part of a team with incredibly smart and friendly people that can become lifelong friends. Had plenty of time in school while also getting a steady paycheck in a fairly low stress environment.

Cons

Not much room for growth. Climbing through the ranks is very difficult. More than likely you will be in the same position for awhile.

More benefits for part time employees. Less focus on selling Best Buy credit cards and more focus on quality customer service.

Very Fun And Enjoyable Experience!

Former Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Reno, NV

I worked at Best Buy part-time (less than an year)

Pros

During my employment at Best Buy, I quite enjoyed going in to work. My co-workers were friendly and respectful, the supervisors were more than willing to help if it was needed, and the general manager was one of the nicest people I met; he basically knew everyone. Working in the Mobile department kept me busy, and not every customer was the same. The discount was pretty cool, even though I used it twice. Black Friday was chaotic and tiring, but so worth the time. With Best Buy's Renew Blue Program, the company sends their employees on a week long training seminar, in my case heading to Las Vegas, with the round trip flight paid for and food reimbursed. There are also training's called E-Learning's completed online, with some required and some are optional. I took some learning's for Microsoft's Xbox One, as it was about to be released, and for successfully completing it, I received a free year of Xbox Live Gold, saving me $60! Awesome perk, and there are a TON more. The best part about my time there though? Wowing the customers with a nice demo and finalizing a sale; they made my experience there better. Best Buy is heading in the right direction, and I do not see them going out of business. Keep it up!

Cons

My time there wasn't without its cons, but there isn't much. First off, after being offered employment, you must get drug tested. Now that was no problem for me, but the time to wait was. It took three weeks to get my results back, but that isn't entirely my store's fault. After getting started, I felt like the job shadowing was pretty quick, and wasn't fully confident to do everything on my own (everything was easier after a few work day.) Now for perhaps the biggest con, the scheduling was WAY all over the place. One day I would work, then have 4 days off, then work six straight days, have one day off, then work five straight days, and so on. There was never a level of consistency with the scheduling, and that is what eventually lead me to give my two week notice. During the holidays, I was getting 26-30 hours a week, easily was able to live off of that. Then, the new year came, and I received one six-eight hour shift every TWO weeks. I couldn't live off of that, and decided it was time. I loved Best Buy, but the scheduling and lack of hours after the holidays really sucked, and I wish it could have worked out, as I loved my job.

My advice to management would be to lay off of the REQUIRED E-Learning's, and move to more on-hands training. The learning's can be repetitive, and quite boring. Also, sometimes, departments would be clearly understaffed, and not enough employees to help customers. Other than that, keep doing a good job!

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy