Best Buy

www.bestbuy.com
  www.bestbuy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Great place to work on the local level, another story when it comes to district, territory, regional, etc....

I have been working at Best Buy full-time

Pros

Good environment, fun, collaborative, and you felt like you insights were paid attention too and made a difference. Also the employee price discount was great.

Cons

Constant change of requirements for each individual and department, also ridiculous bureaucracy at levels above the store.

6194 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Good Job While In College.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Best Buy part-time

Pros

Being part of a team with incredibly smart and friendly people that can become lifelong friends. Had plenty of time in school while also getting a steady paycheck in a fairly low stress environment.

Cons

Not much room for growth. Climbing through the ranks is very difficult. More than likely you will be in the same position for awhile.

More benefits for part time employees. Less focus on selling Best Buy credit cards and more focus on quality customer service.

Like family.

Current Employee - Merchandising Specialist
    Current Employee - Merchandising Specialist

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you're working at the right location, your coworkers will be your family. My GM is one of the most genuine people I've ever met; he treats everyone equally and does absolutely everything that he can to make sure that we are all comfortable and happy in our jobs. He makes an effort to get to know every one of us.
    There are many opportunities for moving up. Not only that, but the managers pay attention to your strengths and weaknesses. They will recommend transferring you to another area of the store if your current position isn't working out for you.
    Starting pay is higher than most other retail areas.
    The opportunity to learn is exceptional here. The e-learnings can be dull, but the actual hands-on information is priceless.
    Employee discount: awesome.

Cons

Corporate is a joke. They're glorified paper-pushers. They have no idea what's actually happening in store and try to implement absolutely ridiculous goals that no one can reach, then expect the managers to punish their employees for not meeting those goals. It can be very tense for this reason. Sales structure has the expectations of a commission-based company minus the actual commission. Turnover rates are skyrocketing because of this. Losing a lot of amazing upper management due to budget cuts. E-learnings are often silly and use outdated/misguided information.

Empathize with your employees when times are tough, especially your sales team. You're not the only ones going home stressed out.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy