There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Great place to work on the local level, another story when it comes to district, territory, regional, etc....

I have been working at Best Buy full-time

Pros

Good environment, fun, collaborative, and you felt like you insights were paid attention too and made a difference. Also the employee price discount was great.

Cons

Constant change of requirements for each individual and department, also ridiculous bureaucracy at levels above the store.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. GREAT

I worked at Best Buy part-time

Pros

Discounts, free food, nice breakroom(lol)

Cons

barely no hours and always having to ask people " Do you want to sign up for a Best Buy account ?" Ugh! but overall good company

Advice to Management

Just because you're a manger does not give you the right to talk down on other employees. You have to EARN respect.

2. Best Buy is a typical corporation, disconnected from the communities it serves.

Former Employee - Media Specialist in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Media Specialist in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The customers are normally awesome, and 60-70% of them are regulars. It is always fun and challenging helping customers that come in with IT problems. It is very rewarding being able to help people, and building relationships with people in the community.

Cons

The biggest con is that half of the "managers" spend all of their time walking around on their cellphones. Their work gets put off on on various other employees. The managers do not care about the employees or the customers. The corporate policies that Best Buy tries to shove off on it's employees cause more aggravation to customers than provide a pleasant service.

Advice to Management

If Best Buy spent more time worrying about what it's managers were up to, instead of micro-managing the people on the floor, they would be much more successful. The spend all of their time trying to sell than developing relationships with customers. Like I said 60-70% of the customers I helped where regulars. Then came back because they knew me, and knew that I would give them honest sound advice. I didn't sell them the whole store the first time they came in, but they came back time and time again because I respected them. Best Buy will end up sharing the same fate as Circuit City.