Good

Current Employee - Mobile Sales Associate in Lexington-Fayette, KY
Current Employee - Mobile Sales Associate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy pay, Flexible hours, work with school schedule, associate driven

Cons

Managers have their moments. HR changes policies often. It's hard to get to every customer when you are short staffed.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Best Buy is a typical corporation, disconnected from the communities it serves.

Former Employee - Media Specialist in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Media Specialist in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The customers are normally awesome, and 60-70% of them are regulars. It is always fun and challenging helping customers that come in with IT problems. It is very rewarding being able to help people, and building relationships with people in the community.

Cons

The biggest con is that half of the "managers" spend all of their time walking around on their cellphones. Their work gets put off on on various other employees. The managers do not care about the employees or the customers. The corporate policies that Best Buy tries to shove off on it's employees cause more aggravation to customers than provide a pleasant service.

Advice to Management

If Best Buy spent more time worrying about what it's managers were up to, instead of micro-managing the people on the floor, they would be much more successful. The spend all of their time trying to sell than developing relationships with customers. Like I said 60-70% of the customers I helped where regulars. Then came back because they knew me, and knew that I would give them honest sound advice. I didn't sell them the whole store the first time they came in, but they came back time and time again because I respected them. Best Buy will end up sharing the same fate as Circuit City.

2. Working for Best Buy

Former Employee - Geek Squad CA in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - Geek Squad CA in Allen, TX

I worked at Best Buy part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing discounts on some of the products, and cool environment to be in

Cons

The managers were kinda pushy and didn't respect the fact that not everyone is wanting to spend thousands of dollars

Advice to Management

Please respect your employees, and stick to your promises. I was personally promised a raise from 8.25 to 10 and they danced around the topic for months and then i asked the status of it and they played it off like i never even was getting one when it was written on paper that i was supposed to get this raise