There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Last minute Geek Squad

Former Employee - Geek Squad CIA
Former Employee - Geek Squad CIA

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

great discounts
Easy job if you like gadgets and technology

Cons

I wasn't much of a tech person but Geek squad was their only need and I wasn't properly trained so it was kind of a fiasco.

Doing pretty good work already

5961 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Not a career or a job for students

Former Employee - Sales Specialist
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

The discount is great. If you know someone in power, you will likely advance within the company. You get to be around technology all day.

Cons

Indecisive "leadership". Poor employee development. Inflexible work hours. The sales deflate the employee discount. You cannot take a ten minuet break.

You are part of a huge global company, don't run your store like a sweatshop. Your employees need your support. They work for you not against you.

BBFB

Former Employee - Business Account Manager
    Former Employee - Business Account Manager

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

Excellent Benefits overall, tons of opportunities for advancement, employee perks are amazing. The hours were flexible, good vibe from the company overall.

Cons

BBFB was very unstructured, and management sucked in my area. Management should have same guidelines in all area. My manager refused to let me work from home, even though I was told I could during the interview. He contraindicated himself frequently, causing confusion amongst the people underneath him. A lot of animosity towards the managers because of lack of information, training, and they just flat out didn't listen. They're trying to grow big too fast, causing smaller markets to work in, with little support from corporate.

Hire people who actually know HOW to manager their employees, instead of just hiring them because they sell well.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy