Best Buy

Working at Best Buy

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

I loved everything about working at Best Buy. Especially all of the people that I worked with. They really made the experience fun.

Cons

Some people might not have liked setting up the different packages on a saturday night. But i absolutely loved it.

I think that they should not have to change a thing. Best Buy is a fun place to work and when you leave you still feel like you have accomplished something.

6317 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Best Buy Employee

Former Employee - Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Former Employee - Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

The pay is weak. Great place to start in the work place to build a good foundation. There are tons of opportunity to grow within the company at any of its retail chains or corporate offices. Best Buy offers great benefits and a 401k plan for a retail store.

Cons

sometimes business decisions conflict with the employees and in some cases cause lost sales. please always listen to the advice of your employees on the ground, they see what happens everyday in the store that can make a huge impact on customer satisfaction, loyalty and sales.

You have a great marketing team, the best in the industry. Great sales training. Give your tech guys the tools they need to perform the job.

temp work or 1st job

Current Employee - Representative I in Gurnee, IL
    Current Employee - Representative I in Gurnee, IL

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

employee discount: at cost plus 5%

Cons

minimal growth or opportunities for advancement, management is interested in their bottom line only, profits and leaving managers alone are more important than any customer or employee, get ready to learn TRUST

empower lower employees to make more decisions concerning customer needs and support those decisions, put customer needs before yourselves every so often even only once and the customer will give you unsurpassed loyalty in the future

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy