not too bad

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Williston, VT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Williston, VT

Pros

Best Buy is a good place to work, pay is pretty fair. It's a fun job with a pretty laid back environment

Cons

The upper level management is rarely competent. However, if you have good mangers, it's definitely a great place to work.

Advice to Management

There is way too much micromanagement in Best Buy and the pay should be a bit more level with other stores.

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

1. Great Job for a student

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

-Great part time job to build customer service and interpersonal skills while going to school -typically a good work environment -flexible hours

Cons

-compensation is not based off of job performance at all (the difference between working your ass off and doing the bare minimum to get by is about an extra $.20 an hour raise each year.) I could sell a package that would that could have over $1,000 worth of margin in it and only be compensated $9 for the hour it took me to make the sale. -you receive the same amount of pressure to sell as you would in a commission based job from some management. The job really depends on your managers. The first store I worked at was the best work environment I have ever worked in. The store I am currently at is not where close to that.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees properly for the efforts they put in.

2. Great benefits, decent pay, overall good place to work

Former Employee - Team Member in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Team Member in San Antonio, TX

Pros

I worked at best Buy as a team member for nearly a year, and I wish I had stayed. You get great benefits, pretty good pay for retail and a fun team environment.

Cons

Three strikes and your out! If your tardy, absent or take someone's shift when they don;t take yours, you will be at risk for being fired.

Advice to Management

Designate departments to people that fit that department. Also, hiring better qualified employees as opposed to high school students would benefit the store and the consumer.