Best Buy
3.3 of 5 5,286 reviews
www.bestbuy.com Richfield, MN 5000+ Employees

Best Buy best place for engaged employees

Manager (Current Employee)
Richfield, MN

ProsBest Buy supports its employees and provides many opportunities for them to advance their career. Most don’t take advantage of these opportunities. With hard work, career success can be achieved. Innovate ideas will get the support they require if an employee has the passion to drive them and show how they benefit the company and customers. The best reason to work for Best Buy is its unique culture. The company truly lives its values and core philosophies. If they do not resonate with you, don’t apply to work there. Best Buy also has a very relaxed and casual atmosphere which fosters collaboration.

ConsLike with most companies, ideas and successes can get stolen. Employees need to protect their work and ideas from credit thieves. I have heard working in the field is tough. I don’t think the corporate headquarters does a very good job of communicating its reasoning behinds its actions to the field. Likewise, I don’t think the field sees the bigger picture. I’ve heard sale reps positions in stores don’t pay much but are higher than the industry average. Well, I guess that’s a start. I think field employees should get paid more. They have to deal with the public everyday. That is challenging.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensate the field line-level employees more. Also, Best Buy needs to work harder at increasing its amount of minority employees. Diversity is a great strength that Best Buy is not fully maximizing. Why are there no black women in senior management? Really, they couldn’t find just one? What about other minorities?

Be prepared for change ... both good and bad.

Manager (Current Employee)
    Richfield, MN

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros: There is an energy level at Best Buy that I've never experienced before. This place moves fast. Real fast. If you like… Cons: Retail. director and VP-level leadership is suspect. The joke within Best Buy is that we have a 10-year-stategy and a… Advice to Senior Management: Eliminate 50% of your VP/Director workforce. Hire more senior talent to provide insight into the technology space ... too much knowledge comes from vendors… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Pretty good place to be.

Customer Assistant (CA) (Current Employee)
    Downingtown, PA

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros: The people are all pretty good... I can't think of many that I outright dislike out of more than one hundred employees at my store.… Cons: The scheduling system is a bit hectic at times. It's all done by computer and then modified by humans. I was receiving pretty decent hours… Advice to Senior Management: Cut the crap. There's no reason for your employees to be doing a laundry list of useless training exercises, busy… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly. All reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees.