Best Buy

Great place to work

Current Employee - Store Services Manager in Bangor, ME
Current Employee - Store Services Manager in Bangor, ME

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

It is like a family. Sometimes this is a good thing and other times it is a bad thing. It did remind me of High School a little since rumors and stories spread around the store in 2 seconds. Best Buy was a good place for me during High School and in College but now that I am looking to start a family... not so much. The hours as a manager are long and they are all over the place. In most cases you work 10-12 hour shifts 5 - 6 days a week and then your GM works maybe 4.

Cons

Hours are very long and it is really hard to get rid of someone that doesn't do their job.

HR needs work.

6194 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Great opportunity, pay and benefits, management is O.K.

Former Employee - Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) in Cypress, TX
    Former Employee - Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) in Cypress, TX

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

Great benefits and pay, flexible hours. Provide good opportunity for experience.

Cons

Good management is a hit or miss, they stress on selling and hassling customers. You will actually be punished for not hassling customers almost to the point that they will want to walk out.

Please be more considerate to your employees, I was a hard working geeksquad agent yet was greatly unappreciated. There were many other agents and coworkers that were just plain lazy yet received for recognition, how is that?? I understand that this is specific to my certain store, but it can be a lesson learned.

Best Buy: Good place to work

Current Employee - Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) in Northglenn, CO
    Current Employee - Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) in Northglenn, CO

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

Competitive pay, great discounts / benefits. Good room for advancement. Most manager started as part time CD and DVD stockers or cashiers. Room for growth within and outside of your department. They also do surveys of the employees about things such as satisfaction with benefits, and what they can do to change them for the better.

Cons

They do not hire full-time employees, you have to start as part-time. A little lacking on training in a few key departments. Managers following up with supervisors leaves a little to be desired. It seems like there is very little communication between supervisors and the management staff unless something is going very wrong.

At least make it seem like you are listening when an employee is talking to you. Sometimes it seems like they do not care as long as the budget is being met, and other times it seems like they only time they see an employee is when they are doing or have done something wrong.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy