Awesome

Current Employee - Geek Squad, Home Theater Specialist in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Geek Squad, Home Theater Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

I enjoy working at Best Buy because of the satisfaction I get when I am able to get a customer everything they need.

Cons

I don't have many cons at all, I'd just like more hands on training per department for employees because that is beneficial to company as a whole.

Advice to Management

The leadership should present more opportunities for the employees to expand their knowledge on the product.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. About as degrading as being pimped.

Current Employee - Customer Solutions Specialist in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Solutions Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

I enjoy the interactions with people and the great employee discount. That and the fact that management is understanding of family issues and situations, its awesome in that regard.

Cons

Of course, you still need money to pay for the discount. I Feel as though Best Buy as a whole is a great company. Its just that the store I work for is sorely underdeveloped. It's a great company with good benefits if you have them, they just have a horrible management that does not follow through on promises and expectations. Namely rewards. Plus the accessories are sorely overpriced.

Advice to Management

Guys, at 1107 there is a severe lack of trust, respect and a total uncommitment to the company. Employees feel as though their voice has been quieted, and that you really do not have their backs. Just listen to your employees, and follow through on your promises and you'll see a stronger more committed staff in no time.

2. Underpaid, Work incredibly hard to get paid close to nothing for working extremely hard.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

Great employee discount. Most of the people are good people to get to know and meet. If you need flexible schedule, then you can usually schedule well. It's a little better when there is foot traffic. People know who the company is. Mobile sales get monthly bonuses when over 85% Can transfer around the company easily into other spots. Extensive training, know what your talking about.

Cons

Low pay. - Non commissioned based sales, low hourly rates unless you've worked there several years. Also quarterly bonuses only if your store hits its goals for the quarter and has to be well over 100% Raises are ever so slight and can only get a big raise with a job promotion. Promotions are usually within or somebody the management has already had their eyes open for. Hours can go from 50 hours one week to 18 the next. Even when full time, your hours can get cut drastically because if it is a slow time of the year, you WILL get sent home early. If there is no foot traffic and you don't get sent home early, expect to do pointless, meaningless tasks just to keep management happy.

Advice to Management

Do semi-commissioned based sales. You guys are making money, yet you pay your employees that do all the work next to nothing and pay management all kinds of money to stand around or sit in the meeting room. You would also have less employee turn-over rate and would not need to hire as often. People would be happier with their jobs, if you simply paid a little more compensation for the hard work that they do every day, the information overload that we undergo in order to sell the products, protection, services, and accessories. There is literally about 10 people that are planning on leaving in a store and about 25 that have came and gone since last year. Take a real good look at your company and find a solution.