There are newer employer reviews for Best Doctors

Invested quite a bit of time here, but given the door because management can't manage their way out of a paper bag.

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Boston, MA

I worked at Best Doctors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Learned quite a bit technically, however management was all about covering their own ass.

Cons

Management is still questionable, unqualified, some inept, some on the verge of going full retard.

Advice to Management

Fire all the inept management and maybe, just maybe BD will go back to the ideals. It's a shame they are just hiring more and more retarded managers that do not have a clue how to manage anything. They are lucky if they can put on their pants in the morning.

HR should stop writing reviews, they are pretty bad at it. You aren't fooling folks with your "I'm not from HR reviews".

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Operations in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Operations in Miami, FL

I have been working at Best Doctors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Best Doctors is an excellent company to work for, with great values and an important philosophy, providing our members with access to the best medicine in the world while offering excellent service. Not only does Best Doctors offer great benefits for employees, but they also "listen" to them. Many times, employees take for granted how important is for a company to listen to their concerns and recognize their contribution. This is what Best Doctors is all about. They are always looking to catch someone doing the right thing as opposed to pointing fingers. We work together as a great team, supporting each other all the time, we are unified by our passion to serve and help others. In a few words, "Best Doctors walk the talk".

Cons

An area of opportunity is for Best Doctors to support their management team and key staff with more support to complete educational programs with benefits like tuition reimbursement for employees where we can offer different tiers depending on the position and length of time of the employee with BD. In addition, they could help the management community with more managerial training programs throughout the year.

Advice to Management

Even though it is difficult for Management to be involved in the day to day, my recommendation for them is to never lose sight of what is happening with your teams and your business. Meet with your directors/managers and their teams more often to understand what is happening in the business and measure the temperature. "What you do not inspect, people do not respect", so many times you need to get in the trenches to hear what is really happening and get the pulse of your team/business. Have more informal meetings with employees to ask for feedback and recognize their work.

Best Doctors Response

Feb 4, 2014Corporate

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I’m so glad to hear that your experience remains positive at Best Doctors. I’ve always believed that fulfilled and growing team members make the ... More

A Great Place to Work and Grow...for the Motivated.

I have been working at Best Doctors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Proven track-record of sustained growth and success, especially over the last 5 years. Business model is sound, with a mission that actually helps people. It's nice to work for a company that is doing well and growing. Work-life balance is very good (though that can be relative to your specific manager). While different people have different experiences, I've seen It as an environment that encourages forward-thinkers and allows individuals to have an impact. After working at companies with huge bureaucracies and red-tape that minimized any individual impact, Best Doctors has been a breath of fresh air. Good office facilities in an easy to get to location. The company outings are also nice events to reward employees.

Cons

Growing fast means more work for fewer people, and the demands that puts on BD employees can be tough. No tuition reimbursement benefit. More employee coaching would be great. Maybe there is a better way to incentivize employees to stay, grow, and thrive. It can be troubling to see colleagues leave. Provide a more clear track for growth and compensation, and I think more people will buy into the mission for the long-term.