There are newer employer reviews for Best Doctors

Invested quite a bit of time here, but given the door because management can't manage their way out of a paper bag.

Former Employee - Systems Administrator  in  Boston, MA
Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Boston, MA

I worked at Best Doctors full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Learned quite a bit technically, however management was all about covering their own ass.

Cons

Management is still questionable, unqualified, some inept, some on the verge of going full retard.

Fire all the inept management and maybe, just maybe BD will go back to the ideals. It's a shame they are just hiring more and more retarded managers that do not have a clue how to manage anything. They are lucky if they can put on their pants in the morning.

HR should stop writing reviews, they are pretty bad at it. You aren't fooling folks with your "I'm not from HR reviews".

69 Other Employee Reviews for Best Doctors (View Most Recent)

Bad reviews on glassdoor.com? Just have HR write fake ones.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Best Doctors full-time

Pros

It's very hard to get fired. It's also very easy to write a con list, which I'm considering to be a pro to fulfill the 20 word minimum.

Cons

I'm mainly writing this to point out that our HR team is writing reviews to try to offset how many horrid reviews we have. In reality, despite the amazing ideal of what the company could be, no employee likes working here. I'm sure you can pick out which ones were written by our HR team. That alone should be enough to turn anyone away. Just to be safe, here are some more reasons in order of severity:

HR's main goal is to relentlessly inhibit employee growth and satisfaction.
    The CEO seems to be trying to destroy the company via his whimsy.
    Favoritism and inequity are rampant.
    Technology and systems are being used to cripple the company.
    Managers don't understand the concept of managing.
    Communication is entirely nonexistent.

My only advice would be to replace yourselves with an experienced, successful management team.

Absolute mess, not worth the headache

I have been working at Best Doctors full-time

Pros

There really aren't many pros to working at this company, anything you could consider a pro could easily be gotten at another company without the headache of working here. The location was nice, but the company is moving to Quincy making it difficult for some people to get to work.

Cons

First and foremost the management here is dreadful. It's at the point where an issue arises and management is too inept to come up with a solution. There's a very big emphasis on metrics here, and no matter what the circumstance may be, you must achieve what they want. The problem is, you can consistently achieve and even surpass expectations and you will not be rewarded for it. Contrary to what some of these "5 star reviews" will tell you, working hard here and having a positive attitude will not earn you a thing, in fact management will just take advantage of you with no intention of rewarding you. You are just a cog here, plain and simple. If you are hired at an entry level position you can consider your career here as a dead end. There are very little skills to be gained from working here that you could not either learn yourself, or get from working at a much better company. There is a reason why so many employees are quitting, people are starting to realize what mess this company is.

Replace current managers and HR staff with people who are qualified. HR is awful at screening prospective employees. I don't know if it's because they're incapable of performing their job or they're desperate for new employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Doctors

Worked for Best Doctors? Contribute to the Community!