Best Doctors

There are newer employer reviews for Best Doctors

I've learned a lot working for Best Doctors

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Best Doctors (more than a year)

Pros

I enjoy my time with Best Doctors, so much so that I look forward to going to work everyday. I feel that I have been given a near-perfect balance of attention and independence in my position and have learned a great deal from my superiors.
- Professionalism and genuine hard work in most departments is valued and rewarded.
- There is a respectful work environment. I feel that I am typically given respect from both my peers and superiors.
- I feel that my coworkers and superiors have given my growth an appropriate amount of attention, whether it is personal or professional, and that there is a genuine interest in my future.
- There are many people at the company that care about the members we serve.
- Great facility - close to most T lines and nice perks for employees, such as coffee/tea, monthly happy hours provided by HR as a way to mingle with other departments, and a good location with many cost effective lunch spots.
- My interactions with executives have always been pleasant.
- I have learned so much in my position. I have interned with other companies and never been given the kind of attention and opportunities for growth that I have with Best Doctors. I feel that it has not only made me an attractive candidate for employment down the road, but has given me confidence in my abilities and myself. I feel completely supported by my superiors.
- I enjoy going to work every day.

Cons

I find myself frustrated at times, when working with others who don't take the time to understand what needs to be done to solve a problem - maybe that explains why there are so many negative reviews on this website. It is always easier to complain than to find a solution. I hope this review, instead of just listing all of the things I believe Best Doctors does poorly, can also be seen as my personal suggestions for improvement. I don't believe it is productive to list areas for improvement without making suggestions for how these perceived problems could be ameliorated.
- It can be frustrating working with others who don't take accountability for their work or mistakes - these things happen, take accountability and work to find a solution. Keeping an open mind to suggestions can also improve this process.
- I have experienced some scenarios where there has been a lot of pressure to meet a deadline that is not urgent. This can disrupt workflow and frustrate the parties involved in the transaction/deadline. I think that managing expectations between departments can solve this problem.
- There have been times where I have experienced less-than-professional exchanges with some coworkers. These situations have not risen to the level where I felt that I would need to report them to HR - however, there are times when there is a lack of respect or professionalism and it has caused confusion and frustration. Again, by managing expectations between departments, this problem can probably be solved. The employees that continuously lack respect or professionalism could also be identified and dealt with accordingly either by HR or by a discussion between employees or their supervisors. But also, self reflection by all parties could help this situation.
- The turnover at the company has also caused a disruption in the workflow but blaming turnover for individual poor performance is inefficient and foolish. Setting expectations between departments and discussing individual roles could help this problem. Taking initiative, accountability and consistent displays of effort could also be a solution.

Continue to connect with all levels of employees, and be genuine in your interactions. Be open to opportunities for you to mentor your employees.

77 Other Employee Reviews for Best Doctors (View Most Recent)

good company to work for as far as job security, constantly growing

Former Employee - Senior Desktop Support Specialist in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Desktop Support Specialist in Boston, MA

I worked at Best Doctors full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fun fast paced atmosphere. IT manager was best I ever had. Very understanding and willing to bat for me every time.Help Desk Team was like a tight knit family.

Cons

Some departments had very high turnover rates. Certain managers had unrealistic expectations of the IT department and could be rude at times. Didn't feel like our efforts were always appreciated when we were the first ones there and last ones to leave. Not to mention the weekend work. Completely overseen.

Keep your promises and give credit when credit is due, Appreciate your workers, especially the IT teams. They keep that company running. The rest of the user community needs to understand there are limitations to what a small group of techs can do with so much work and so little time. Be patient and DONT BE RUDE TO IT. Does not get you anything faster....if anything, you go to the bottom of the list.

It was an ok company to work for, but they were growing very fast and not handling it in the best way possible.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Best Doctors full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits: health care, vacation days.
    No need to work more than the 7.5 hour work day (most of the time). I'm sure this would depend on role- I had a support role- so it was very much a job that was reactionary and during business hours only. I think IT, Sales, and development roles were much different.

Cons

Good employees were rarely truly recognized when they went above and beyond and put forth a lot of effort. Sometimes it felt as if employees were just not appreciated by upper management.

I think more transparency in decision-making and better planning, hiring more qualified managers- who have had some sort of management training provided by you, would improve the company culture. I also noticed that there were pay discrepancies between new employees and employees that had worked in the same position (the new people making more than the tenured employees)- I know that this is supposed to not be talked about, but people talk- and it really contributed to a feeling that the company cared more about getting you in the door, but not so much once you were there. There should be raises to avoid these discrepancy issues.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Doctors