Best Doctors

Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Best Doctors

Terrible

I have been working at Best Doctors full-time

Pros

Better than unemployment, if your skin is thick and you keep looking for a job.

Cons

The executive officers call where they sit the Creepy Corner (even in all employee meetings). If that doesn't say enough read on.

These guys are constantly and consistently manipulating those around them. They want to be surrounded by yes men and want only for everyone to line up and do as told. Turnover at the manager, director and VP level in my department was so high that we had complete turnover twice in 2 years. We worked ourselves into the ground and then the wind blew and they decided it was time to bring in a different crew. There's been no recognition for a job well done (certainly better than ever before). Instead of allowing their hard working employees a chance to breath they just pile on more ridiculous deadlines and "initiatives". The new management thinks they're above this treatment. Wait until the honeymoon ends!

HR is a joke. Everyone knows you shouldn't go there unless you're being let go. If you work at Best Doctors, you'll have your chance... just like everyone before you. Don't think you can just get through it with hard work and dedication. They'll still fire you.

Lastly, I really don't think an all employee meeting is the place for a candidate for governor to speak (or one trying to get on the ticket). Maybe it's just me.

Leave. Maybe the board should treat you the way we've all been treated.

77 Other Employee Reviews for Best Doctors (View Most Recent)

I've learned a lot working for Best Doctors

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Best Doctors (more than a year)

Pros

I enjoy my time with Best Doctors, so much so that I look forward to going to work everyday. I feel that I have been given a near-perfect balance of attention and independence in my position and have learned a great deal from my superiors.
    - Professionalism and genuine hard work in most departments is valued and rewarded.
    - There is a respectful work environment. I feel that I am typically given respect from both my peers and superiors.
    - I feel that my coworkers and superiors have given my growth an appropriate amount of attention, whether it is personal or professional, and that there is a genuine interest in my future.
    - There are many people at the company that care about the members we serve.
    - Great facility - close to most T lines and nice perks for employees, such as coffee/tea, monthly happy hours provided by HR as a way to mingle with other departments, and a good location with many cost effective lunch spots.
    - My interactions with executives have always been pleasant.
    - I have learned so much in my position. I have interned with other companies and never been given the kind of attention and opportunities for growth that I have with Best Doctors. I feel that it has not only made me an attractive candidate for employment down the road, but has given me confidence in my abilities and myself. I feel completely supported by my superiors.
    - I enjoy going to work every day.

Cons

I find myself frustrated at times, when working with others who don't take the time to understand what needs to be done to solve a problem - maybe that explains why there are so many negative reviews on this website. It is always easier to complain than to find a solution. I hope this review, instead of just listing all of the things I believe Best Doctors does poorly, can also be seen as my personal suggestions for improvement. I don't believe it is productive to list areas for improvement without making suggestions for how these perceived problems could be ameliorated.
    - It can be frustrating working with others who don't take accountability for their work or mistakes - these things happen, take accountability and work to find a solution. Keeping an open mind to suggestions can also improve this process.
    - I have experienced some scenarios where there has been a lot of pressure to meet a deadline that is not urgent. This can disrupt workflow and frustrate the parties involved in the transaction/deadline. I think that managing expectations between departments can solve this problem.
    - There have been times where I have experienced less-than-professional exchanges with some coworkers. These situations have not risen to the level where I felt that I would need to report them to HR - however, there are times when there is a lack of respect or professionalism and it has caused confusion and frustration. Again, by managing expectations between departments, this problem can probably be solved. The employees that continuously lack respect or professionalism could also be identified and dealt with accordingly either by HR or by a discussion between employees or their supervisors. But also, self reflection by all parties could help this situation.
    - The turnover at the company has also caused a disruption in the workflow but blaming turnover for individual poor performance is inefficient and foolish. Setting expectations between departments and discussing individual roles could help this problem. Taking initiative, accountability and consistent displays of effort could also be a solution.

Continue to connect with all levels of employees, and be genuine in your interactions. Be open to opportunities for you to mentor your employees.

good company to work for as far as job security, constantly growing

Former Employee - Senior Desktop Support Specialist in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Desktop Support Specialist in Boston, MA

I worked at Best Doctors full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fun fast paced atmosphere. IT manager was best I ever had. Very understanding and willing to bat for me every time.Help Desk Team was like a tight knit family.

Cons

Some departments had very high turnover rates. Certain managers had unrealistic expectations of the IT department and could be rude at times. Didn't feel like our efforts were always appreciated when we were the first ones there and last ones to leave. Not to mention the weekend work. Completely overseen.

Keep your promises and give credit when credit is due, Appreciate your workers, especially the IT teams. They keep that company running. The rest of the user community needs to understand there are limitations to what a small group of techs can do with so much work and so little time. Be patient and DONT BE RUDE TO IT. Does not get you anything faster....if anything, you go to the bottom of the list.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Doctors