Best Friends Animal Society

There are newer employer reviews for Best Friends Animal Society

BAD BAD BAD

Former Employee - Management
Former Employee - Management

I worked at Best Friends Animal Society full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Beautiful part of the USA. Large seemingly serence campus

Cons

Unfair , unprofessional and disreputable employement practices. Cult like senior managment. very protective of adminstration practices despite being hired to implement change.

They say they want more professional people from the outside yet when they get them they do not respond to advice f input and actions for best practices. Cult like senior management yet when they hire a manager they are afraid of anyone doing the right thing!

They are disenguine about their motives and clearly act in a steely manner as they drag people out there to their "paradise" and then... in their own words according to Holly,,, "the sanctuary spits them out"

31 Other Employee Reviews for Best Friends Animal Society (View Most Recent)

bad experience

I have been working at Best Friends Animal Society

Pros

nice animals, a pretty location

Cons

cult-like. they fire employees like it is going out of style.

no advise to give management, it is not run by managers, it is run by supposably retired founders that run it from the sidelines. the founders manage it through fear to keep employees paranoid. managers are afraid too. every one is afraid of losing thier job.

Managed major growth leads to better focus, better employee health

Current Employee - Communications and Marketing in Kanab, UT
    Current Employee - Communications and Marketing in Kanab, UT

I have been working at Best Friends Animal Society

Pros

When I started, Best Friends was a $20 million dollar organization. Last year, we raised more than $70 million. That's an incredible amount of growth in a very short period of time. That kind of growth inevitably comes with challenges. However, overall, the organization in my opinion has managed the growth very well. There's no doubt that there have been people who have been unable to work in such a growing environment, but overall today the organization is healthier than it's ever been during my time.

it's incredibly disappointing to see so many negative reviews here for such a wonderful organization that has so much impact. Management does so much to continue trying to not only make Best Friends the most impactful national organization, but also the best place to work. Don't listen to the cries of bitter, ex-employees. Best Friends is a fantastic place to work.

Cons

The continued growth definitely brings about challenges, and it requires an employee to be flexible and comfortable with change. Remote employees can be challenged to work in that environment, so it does take the right kind of person who is a self-starter and doesn't need to have their hand held.

I'm not sure I have any! Currently lots of things are happening that show that management is responding to the challenges facing the organization. As an example, a compensation study has been done to ensure that employees are both compensated fairly within the organization, and that pay is on par with other organizations. As long as management continues to be aware of, and respond to challenges, the organization will just continue to be a better place to work.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Friends Animal Society