Best Friends Pet Care

www.bestfriendspetcare.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Best Friends Pet Care

Loved the animals, not the management

Former Employee - Doggie Day Camp Counselor in Tyngsboro, MA
Former Employee - Doggie Day Camp Counselor in Tyngsboro, MA

I worked at Best Friends Pet Care part-time (less than a year)

Pros

You get a chance to learn a lot about different breeds and gain experience working with animals of varying sizes and temperaments. You do find yourself getting connected to the animals.

Cons

Always had the feeling that there was favoritism. We had one individual who created lies about other co-workers in an attempt to move up the ladder. Management believed this individual and created an unwelcoming workplace by sticking to this individual's every word and acting on them rather than talking to those (wrongfully) accused to get a more rounded story. This individual made many mistakes during her time there and placed blame on everyone else besides herself. It was a shame because I enjoyed many of the people I worked with and loved the animals.

I also did not like how the "playtimes" were run. The 10 minutes paid for by the customer for their pet included the amount of time it took me to get the dog ready to leave its crate, walk across the building to get to the play area, play for a few minutes, and walk all the way back to secure him/her into its kennel. In my opinion it seemed incredibly rushed, and the "playtime" really only ended up being five minutes, if that.

It was bittersweet to leave at the end of the summer.

Have weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly meetings with staff (as a group and separately) to gain a better sense of what is going on outside of your office. Reward excellence, not pettiness. Work more on the programs to have the best interest of the animals in mind (refer above to "playtimes").

26 Other Employee Reviews for Best Friends Pet Care (View Most Recent)

I would never be a kennel customer based on my work experience with Best Friends...

Former Employee - ACT/PTA in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - ACT/PTA in Marietta, GA

I worked at Best Friends Pet Care

Pros

Working with the animals is wonderful, job duties aren't boring, and the pay isn't too bad.

Cons

Upper management was dishonest with customers and upper management would avoid vet care and other things when the care was necessary. Upper management seemed more interested in the facility's reputation or money than the animals' and customers' best interests. Many things could have been done to prevent some of the accidents that occurred. Some of the employees were treated poorly and disrespected.

Always put the animals' hygiene and safety first before money. Be honest and respectful towards customers and employees. Fire people who make unacceptable mistakes. Communicate with your employees.

Minimum wage and poor management. Avoid if possible

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Best Friends Pet Care

Pros

the co workers are nice.

Cons

Horrible pay!! Managment can't handle their employees, employees get away with so much, smoke breaks on the clock, showing up 45 min late to work, not helping your co workers, bad team work, no reward for superior ability.

Discipline your employees!