Best Friends Pet Care

www.bestfriendspetcare.com

Not worth it.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Tyngsboro, MA

ProsI loved the dogs, they are the reason I stayed as long as I did. Some of the people I worked with were great, and I miss seeing them. I loved the idea of the place, but needs more work.

ConsThere are an overwhelming amount of dogs in a room with a Daycamp Counselor at a time. I was in a room with 30 'big' dogs, and it was really unsafe. I felt like I had no control, and even though I asked for help no one helped. The management is more concerned with the money than the safety of the place for the dogs. I have to agree to other posts that the manager definitely has favorites, and makes it well known to the rest of the staff. There was a lot of talking behind people's backs (even done by the manager). There is usually an employee that quits there about every two weeks (from the time I spent there) and the main reason is because of the manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at records, and how many people have quit in the past year alone. Ask the former employees why they quit, and most will say because of the manager. Keep the groups of dogs smaller, and kick a dog out of camp if their behavior is out of control (even if it loses money). I really loved the dogs and some of the people, but for the reasons stated above, that's why I quit.

The people who work there are very friendly but the training and pay are sub par.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) North Chicago, IL

I worked at Best Friends Pet Care part-time for more than a year

Pros: Very Great caring friendly employees Cons: It is very time consuming for a part time job No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Loved the animals, not the management

Doggie Day Camp Counselor (Former Employee) Tyngsboro, MA

I worked at Best Friends Pet Care part-time for less than a year

Pros: You get a chance to learn a lot about different breeds and gain experience working with… Cons: Always had the feeling that there was favoritism. We had one individual who created lies about other co-workers in an attempt to move up… Advice to Senior Management: Have weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly meetings with staff (as a group and separately) to gain a better sense of what is going on outside of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Best Friends Pet Care.

Worked for Best Friends Pet Care? Contribute to the Community!