Best Friends Pet Care

One of the Worst Jobs I Have Ever Had

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Prairie View, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Prairie View, IL

I worked at Best Friends Pet Care part-time

Pros

-Some of the women I worked with were great people who deserved more respect and more money
-Seeing all of the different breeds of dogs that came in was really awesome

Cons

-Hours were terrible. We were expected to work 9+ hour shifts with barely one break and absolutely no sitting. "Part-Time" employees were scheduled sometimes for over 50+ hours in one week and would receive no benefits or overtime
- I was so saddened by the conditions of this place, I would never bring my own animal there, the rooms were disgusting and the place smelled terrible
-The computer operating system was unnecessarily complicated and needed updating
-Actually, the entire building needed updating and maintenance

The reason you have such a high employee turnover rate is because of poor pay and terrible hours. Hire on more people, be more approachable, listen to your employees, and do something about your poor animal and working conditions.

26 Other Employee Reviews for Best Friends Pet Care (View Most Recent)

Not worth it.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tyngsboro, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tyngsboro, MA

I worked at Best Friends Pet Care part-time

Pros

I loved the dogs, they are the reason I stayed as long as I did. Some of the people I worked with were great, and I miss seeing them. I loved the idea of the place, but needs more work.

Cons

There are an overwhelming amount of dogs in a room with a Daycamp Counselor at a time. I was in a room with 30 'big' dogs, and it was really unsafe. I felt like I had no control, and even though I asked for help no one helped. The management is more concerned with the money than the safety of the place for the dogs. I have to agree to other posts that the manager definitely has favorites, and makes it well known to the rest of the staff. There was a lot of talking behind people's backs (even done by the manager). There is usually an employee that quits there about every two weeks (from the time I spent there) and the main reason is because of the manager.

Take a look at records, and how many people have quit in the past year alone. Ask the former employees why they quit, and most will say because of the manager. Keep the groups of dogs smaller, and kick a dog out of camp if their behavior is out of control (even if it loses money). I really loved the dogs and some of the people, but for the reasons stated above, that's why I quit.

The people who work there are very friendly but the training and pay are sub par.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in North Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in North Chicago, IL

I worked at Best Friends Pet Care part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very Great caring friendly employees

Cons

It is very time consuming for a part time job

There are newer employer reviews for Best Friends Pet Care