There are newer employer reviews for Best Version Media

Best Version Media shines!

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company stands by their name by encouraging and inspiring all to be the BEST versions of themselves. Daily support, conference calls, work/life balance, fun-loving spirit, incentive trips, and the opportunity to excel financially and personally are the standard with Best Version Media. I am honored to represent this company!

Cons

I have not run into any cons at this point.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Best decision I could have made

Current Employee - Publisher in Kamloops, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Publisher in Kamloops, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Best Version Media

Pros

A position that empowers you to work for yourself, but not by your self, within a team and culture that celebrates humility and success, while allowing each partner to reach whatever potential they can conceive of.... This is a great company that I'm proud to be a part of and I am so glad I jumped in.

Cons

Not for those who need someone to crack a whip behind them -this opportunity benefits those who are motivated and can set their own pace.

This Opportunity Found Me and I am Grateful

Current Contractor - Anonymous
    Current Contractor - Anonymous

I have been working at Best Version Media as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I am a Franchisee Owner/Publisher of a magazine company which allows me to have Freedom and Respect for myself and others. I have worked for newspaper for 26 years and have worked in all aspects of it from back shop to front end including Sales and Management. I have another 4 years in other media Sales including TV, Radio, Internet and Magazine Publications. The Mediums in our market have experienced many layoffs and Huge Corporate Turnovers which makes for a lousy environment to work in with very low morale. Don't get me wrong I appreciate my roots and have newspaper in my blood and have had some of the best working years of my career/financial in media BUT it just isn't the same environment anymore...1 person working the equivalent of 3 to 4 people's jobs and major pressure for more. If I am going to work night and day to make over 6 figures/year and give just under half to the government then I might as well do that for myself but only get more for myself versus the company and run my own business as I was with media but now lower taxes as a business owner. Best Version Media has a very positive environment with tons of support and tools. Their model is tried and true and is working. I started full time Jan 2/2015 and just went to print. I am proud of what I have accomplished as I worked hard for it AND there is NO greater feeling then building a print masterpiece and connecting with so many incredible great business owners that I have partnered with. I look forward to building my next publication and helping other BVM colleagues build theirs. We are a team....a WINNING team. We even stop for some good ol' fashion fun and a joke or two. Just recommended another Publisher position to a very good friend who also left media and can't wait to be working with him and building his magazine. I love what I am doing and love being part of my community and love being part of the BVM community. I ask my husband daily to pinch me to know if this opportunity is real and I felt the pinch....

Cons

As any new business owner it takes hard work, persistence, consistency and FOCUS to get it all up and running....while living on very few dollars. As mentioned in other posts....you must accept living on 0.00 dollars for 3to 4 months BUT that is better then paying upfront franchisee costs which many other opportunities would not allow. Our CEO who built the model was not only in it for himself....he has been on our end of the spectrum and wanted the team to benefit as well and in turn has some of the BEST players on the team....who truly support each other no matter what region we are from. Oops....I was suppose to keep putting my Cons....Not many and the two I listed above are told straight up as to what to expect and I accepted that going in.

Advice to Management

Just keep supporting the Team with the positive attitudes I have experienced so far!